Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Cambridge area meet up

(11 Posts)
showergelfresh Mon 29-Apr-19 20:03:20

Hello everyone in the Cambridge area

There were three of us at today's meet up at The Plough pub in Fen Ditton just on the edge of Cambridge by the river.

We had a lovely time chatting about all and sundry and will be meeting again on Monday 3rd June at 11.15 at The Plough again.

Please come! The more the better! If you have transport problems please get in touch as one of us would be very happy to offer lifts from the station and/or bus stops or anywhere else wherever possible to organise.

We planned to have lunch too on 3rd but of course noone has to do so and that is fine!

We look forward to seeing the Cambridge meet up numbers increase!

showergelfresh Thu 02-May-19 19:52:03

Same time, same place but on Tuesday 4th June instead of Monday 3rd.
Please consider coming if you live round here - the more the merrier as they say!
X

Imtrying2 Thu 02-May-19 22:22:37

Hi,
I’ve just joined Gransnet but not 50 till next year lol
I’d really love to meet up sometime but sadly can’t do Tuesday’s only Monday’s. Typically you’ve changed the day/date ?
Hopefully another time x

JackyB Fri 03-May-19 03:08:36

Yay! I can do those dates as I am in the UK very near Fen Ditton. I fly back on the 6th so don't postpone it too far!

showergelfresh Fri 03-May-19 23:34:17

I'm sorry about that Imtrying2 - that's awful that I changed the date just when you were planning to come.

Are you free generally on Mondays? Being nearly 50 doesn't really matter - its the grandma bit that's more relevant and all the new problems that arrive with that...

We will hopefully make it a Monday for next time. Do you live nearby?

Let me know. Maybe we can meet there on a Monday morning before June - I'm free on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings most weeks as I collect the GC from school those afternoons.

Get in touch - you can send me a message if you like!

showergelfresh Fri 03-May-19 23:37:39

Thanks for your message JackyB and its fab you'll be here to meet us on June 4th!

We were wondering if you'd be back here soon when we were chatting last week.

So we'll see you then - 4th June at 11.15. Looking forward to it.

JackyB Thu 09-May-19 14:42:56

Who were the three at the last meet?

showergelfresh Thu 09-May-19 22:18:58

jacalpad, me and thebeeb JackyB

jacalpad Mon 03-Jun-19 13:37:07

See you tomorrow, Ladies!

JackyB Mon 03-Jun-19 18:02:08

I'll be there.

Thebeeb Mon 03-Jun-19 21:38:18

I’ll be there too. Looking forward to a coffee and chat.