Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

New to Gransnet and the Solent area!

(7 Posts)
Jennyann Wed 15-May-19 20:26:45

Hello! I am moving up to the Solent area in a couple of weeks to help look after my grandchildren.
As I will be new to the area (after living in Cornwall all my life) I am a bit nervous, obviously. So, thought I would reach out to other Grandparents in that area to see what is going on up there.
I will have my Grandson for 3/4 days a week, but free for about 3 days.
If any of you have ideas of what I can do, join etc., with a 9 month old in tow to keep the pair of us amused, I'd love to hear from you. I will be tied to school pick up times too.
I'm looking forward to hearing from any of you!
Jenny

LullyDully Thu 16-May-19 07:52:25

Where abouts? We have a group living in HedgeEnd, Netley, Cosham and Romsey. We have started a regular lunch date for a chat. Your are welcome to join in.

Eleanor21 Thu 16-May-19 10:17:32

Hi, where will you be living, I live between Havant and Emsworth.

Jackie1954 Mon 03-Jun-19 16:02:09

Hi. We have recently moved to Hove and are looking to make new friends. Are there any couples out there who would like to meet up for a drink and a chat?

LullyDully Mon 03-Jun-19 19:45:42

Hove is too far away from me, sorry. Good luck finding people nearer to Brighton.

grandma60 Mon 03-Jun-19 21:48:04

Hi Jennyann,
We moved to near Southampton from Somerset over 30 years ago and we love it.(husband family were Cornish) Hope you will be able to join our group for lunch one day.

Shez1955 Tue 04-Jun-19 09:07:36

Hi jennyann, I’m in Hedge End and look after my GD. I find there are quite a few grandparents at my local toddler group. I’m sure you’ll find some groups nearby. You very welcome to join our lunch and chat. Let us know where you’ll be moving to.