Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Central London meets

(243 Posts)
notgoneyet Tue 21-May-19 16:18:52

As mentioned on previous thread (Ladies who like to lunch in London) I'm just starting this one.
If anyone fancies suggesting a date for a new Meet, or a venue (though Debenhams is pretty central) it would be lovely to see you all.

Charleygirl5 Mon 25-Dec-23 08:58:58

I do not see why not. I believe the tubes are on strike this month for a few days, so spring for many reasons, especially the weather, would be a better option.

Catterygirl Sun 24-Dec-23 16:16:38

Any chance of a meet up in spring?

Charleygirl5 Mon 12-Dec-22 06:47:51

Thanks Catterygirl but being realistic nothing will happen until next spring and hopefully the tubes, trains and buses will be running as normal.

Catterygirl Mon 12-Dec-22 00:16:56

Sorry I couldn’t make it this time and looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Elusivebutterfly Sat 10-Dec-22 19:05:10

Charleygirl5 It was good to meet you on Wednesday and look forward to meeting up again when there is another meeting at JL.

Charleygirl5 Sat 10-Dec-22 07:58:50

loopyloo what a pity JL does not accept dogs in the cafe. He would have a great time being cuddled by me. Perhaps by the next time we meet he will have settled in.

loopyloo Sat 10-Dec-22 07:16:00

So glad you had a good time.
We have adopted a terrier/ jack Russell Cross and he's settling in well and the family love him.
Importantly he's getting used to being left on his own!

Humduh Sat 10-Dec-22 07:00:41

Missed it was unwt

Catterygirl Thu 08-Dec-22 00:19:17

Sounds good Charleygirl. Enjoy Christmas and hibernating.

Charleygirl5 Wed 07-Dec-22 17:31:19

I did not realise how cold it was going to be today- I thought my car ice-scraping days were over but not today as it was bitterly cold.
We had a very pleasant light lunch and I have not laughed so much for a long time. Every subject was covered except religion and politics-we needed to get home!
I was particularly fortunate, stepping on and off buses and tubes, the way it should be really.
I will be hibernating now until after Christmas I think, perhaps a meetup next year?

Charleygirl5 Tue 06-Dec-22 21:53:44

Thanks for letting me know.

Witzend Tue 06-Dec-22 19:59:14

Sorry, I won’t be able to make it tomorrow - emergency childcare in Oxford. Hope you all have a lovely time.,

Charleygirl5 Mon 05-Dec-22 22:51:02

loopyloo what type of dog are you adopting? What a pity you could not bring it with you!

loopyloo Mon 05-Dec-22 14:51:10

Hi everyone. Sorry I can't make it as we have just adopted a new dog that is just settling in.
Have a good time.

Niobe Mon 05-Dec-22 14:29:39

Hello everyone, sorry I won’t be able to make it on Wednesday as the fitters have phoned to say that our shutters will be fitted on that day. I don’t want to delay this as we have already waited 3 months. Normally this kind of thing wouldn’t have made any difference but my husband has a hospital clinic appointment too and we don’t want to postpone that either.
Have a lovely meet-up and hope to see you all soon.

Charleygirl5 Mon 05-Dec-22 13:32:11

We appear to be lucky, as far as I am aware the strikers are working on Wednesday the 7th so I will see you all at JL as planned. If anybody has forgotten the floor number please get in touch with me.

Charleygirl5 Mon 05-Dec-22 09:47:24

Sorry to hear that Catterygirl a coffee is more stimulating than a deep clean. I was unaware men knew the meaning of the word!
I have checked strike dates etc and we appear to be okay for Wednesday so it will be good to see you all at JL, newbies included.

Humduh Mon 05-Dec-22 06:12:21

I live in London and would love to make new friends...

Catterygirl Mon 05-Dec-22 00:29:22

Just found out OH has organised the cleaner for a deep clean this week. Her normal day is Thursday but this week she’s coming on Wednesday so unfortunately I can’t make it. Bit disappointed but hope you have a great time.

Catterygirl Wed 30-Nov-22 00:41:59

I will be watching the news.

Charleygirl5 Tue 29-Nov-22 09:26:47

Catterygirl It will be good to see you again. We are reliant on tubes and trains not going on strike.

Catterygirl Tue 29-Nov-22 00:37:47

Just found this and am hoping to join you.

Charleygirl5 Tue 22-Nov-22 13:33:32

Witzend OMG you will need a few days rest after doing so much! You can think of us having lunch and relaxing!

Witzend Tue 22-Nov-22 13:20:50

Sorry, won’t be able to do the 7th. Dd away for work (again) so will be away, helping SiL to get 3 small Gdcs up, dressed, breakfasted, and to school and nursery….and pick ups. Will need a rest cure afterwards but heigh ho.

Niobe Fri 18-Nov-22 22:03:36

Charleygirl , we will just have to watch the news and this thread in case of any changes at the last minute.