Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Hampshire/Surrey borders

(20 Posts)
Jacqui58 Sun 02-Jun-19 20:19:43

Hi, hoping someone might want to meet up for coffee or lunch. I moved to east hants to look after my grandson and would like to make some friends locally.

Fernbergien Mon 03-Jun-19 14:14:57

I am in the Farnham area. Is that any good.

angelic Sat 08-Jun-19 22:26:13

Hi Jacqui58
I am also local to Farnham, whereabouts are you?

GillS Mon 10-Jun-19 16:37:05

I'm near Farnham too.

Loiria Wed 19-Jun-19 20:51:43

What a relief! I am near Farnham, too. I have tried 3 times to arrange a meet-up but with no replies. I no longer drive - eyesight - but can get to any railway station along the Farnham line. I would be delighted to join in with coffee or lunch. Please suggest a venue, day and time.

Fernbergien Sun 21-Jul-19 11:25:40

Well this has not progressed so - venues? I can think of Farnham central,Squires garden centre,Aldershot Station or even Farnborough Queensmead.

angelic Tue 23-Jul-19 21:13:36

Squires and Elphicks in Farnham our both supposed to be good

Fernbergien Sun 28-Jul-19 19:08:43

Could do either probably.

Ippydippyskyblue Fri 20-Sep-19 19:34:42

I would be really interested in joining you all too. I live about 15 miles from Farnham, but I can drive. I prefer not to drive too far though due to a genuine chronic health condition.smile

Ippydippyskyblue Tue 24-Sep-19 22:44:00

Hi all,
I’ve now PM’d you all (I think - apologies if I’ve missed anyone)
I’ve suggested that we meet on the Wednesday 9th October at 2pm at Elphicks in Farnham.
I really look forward to meeting each and everyone of you.
Kindest regards
Michelle

twiglet77 Tue 24-Sep-19 22:53:04

I won't join you as I have lived 100 miles away for nearly 30 years, but oh, how I love Farnham! I worked in the town through my 20s, lived a couple of miles out and kept my horses in Elstead, then Tilford, riding all over Thursley and Hankley Commons, and Alice Holt. It's too far to visit the family who are still down that way with any frequency but I sing with joy when I have time to just drive - then walk - slowly around the paths I used to love. I hope you all enjoy meeting up!

angelic Fri 11-Oct-19 20:31:09

Ah twiglet 77
Lovely memories for you.
It was a very enjoyable meet up.

Fernbergien Sat 12-Oct-19 11:24:22

Yes I went too. Their were four of us but there were others who could not come this time. Will meet up again. Also Hello Angelic.

Gardenrosesm Thu 17-Oct-19 16:57:23

Hi, I'm new to Gransnet and live just south of Farnham. Next time there's a meet up I'd love to come.

Mamissimo Thu 17-Oct-19 22:30:19

I’m just south of Farnham too. I missed the last meet up because it was in the holiday season but would welcome the chance to meet other local grans.

Ippydippyskyblue Mon 21-Oct-19 19:31:00

Hiya ladies
I’m sorry you live so far away, Twiglet, and can’t make our meet ups.
There were three lovely ladies who were able to make our last meet up. I hope that you are all well. Sorry I haven’t been on here lately. I’ve not been well and my iPad has been playing up, doing strange things. Some of us, including a few new people, are actually meeting up tomorrow;

Tuesday 22nd October @ 2pm
Squires Garden Centre, Badshot Lea. GU9 9 JX

I really look forward to seeing you all.

Fernbergien Thu 24-Oct-19 15:06:29

Went on 22nd. Not many there I think two were unwell. Anyhow we were wondering which days of the week were inconvenient to you? Also how often should we meet? Replies to me or put on general site. Hope to meet up with more of you next time. Squires was ideal by the way. Regards to all.

Loiria Thu 24-Oct-19 21:41:50

I am free after Tues 12th November except Wed 27th. Squires Garden Centre cafe again sounds a good idea but I'll go along with other suggestions. I'll look forward to seeing everyone.

angelic Wed 30-Oct-19 11:49:57

Hi
Meet up Thursday 21st November 2pm at
Squires Garden Centre, Badshot Lea
All welcome, please join us for nice ☕️ and ?

Fernbergien Mon 18-Nov-19 11:27:20

Hello ladies. Don’t forget meet-up this week. Squires. 2pm. Thursday. Hope more can come this time.