Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Coffee, Cake and Chat in Cornwall.

(4 Posts)
WOODMOUSE49 Mon 17-Jun-19 23:20:43

Hello

This 69 year old is new to Gransnet. I moved to Cornwall from Derbyshire 5 years ago to be with my now new husband. We married 3 years ago after meeting up again after 44 years.

I keep myself busy here and keep in touch with the few friends I had in Derbyshire but struggle to find new friendships here. I live mid Cornwall.

Thanks for reading the message.

BradfordLass72 Tue 18-Jun-19 07:24:57

I used to live in St Columb Major, about 8 miles from Newquay. I loved every minute of my years there and made many friends ia clubs, societies, church and social events. .

Many Cornish towns have their own Facebook pages which give details of social events and you could join the Old Cornwall Society which gives a fascinating and wonderfully social insight into the culture of Kernow, God's Own County grin

St Columb has Victorian Week in August, always very enjoyable so don't miss that but I think you'll find the libraries have lists of clubs and societies you could join when wanting to make new friends.

You've made me quite homesick talking about Cornwall grin

Barleysugar Tue 18-Jun-19 21:56:33

WOODMOUSE

I have lived in Cornwall, all over the place, for the last 50 years.

I live in mid Cornwall, near St Austell, but we are moving ‘ up country’ in September to be near family, as we are getting ancient now!

Would be happy to meet up for coffee though.

WOODMOUSE49 Mon 01-Jul-19 18:18:12

Thank you Barleysugar . I'll PM you to see what is a good day and time and place. cafe