Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Teesside/ North Yorks Newbie

(9 Posts)
Kirbylass Wed 16-Oct-19 00:39:40

Hi , I am new to GN and always interested in meeting new people. Are there any groups local

Alygran Wed 16-Oct-19 01:21:53

Hi
Not sure about Teesside but Yorkshire grans meet in York every few months. There was also one meet up in Northallerton last year too.

Fran3669 Sun 27-Oct-19 21:17:14

Hi Kirbylass and Alygran

I’m in County Durham but at the south-east end of the county, and I spend quite a bit of my working life in Teesside and North Yorkshire if I’m not in the office!

I thought I’d say hello as I’m more of a lurker than a poster at the moment. I’m still trying to find my feet on here.

I hope you’ve both had a lovely weekend.

Thanks, Fran

Freeatlast Sun 27-Oct-19 23:24:09

Hi Kirbylass
I recently moved back to Middlesbrough, after many years and wanted to meet new people too. I searched on line and came across the NWR (National Women’s Register) went along to a meeting and met a great bunch of ladies. Have had many enjoyable evenings out with them, so grateful to them all for welcoming me into the group. Where in Teesside are you?

Chipsmum67 Mon 28-Oct-19 18:40:23

Joined here a few years ago, but did not really take part ! Now would like to see how it goes, and maybe join in with local meet ups. So...Hello from North Yorkshire !! Any other women from around here ? Despite some volunteering, I still feel lonely sometimes ! Would be happy to meet for coffee etc

Alygran Mon 04-Nov-19 12:50:57

Hello Teesside Grans.
I have just posted about lunch in York on 22 November. Hope some or all of you can make it!

Alygran Mon 04-Nov-19 18:59:23

Bump

oldgoat Tue 05-Nov-19 07:52:50

Hope that some of you North Yorkshire and Teesside Grans will be able to join the Yorkshire GNers for lunch in York on the 22nd - and it's Christmas Market time , too.

gardenoma Tue 05-Nov-19 14:23:20

I just confirmed on the York meet up thread. I hadn't been on gransnet for a couple of months, so well pleased I came in for a look around today.