Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Dorset

(10 Posts)
Jo61 Mon 13-Jan-20 13:14:38

Hi all, just joined Gransnet and looking forward to talking to other nans/grans. Anyone in Dorset area? We moved from Wales 2 years ago, all going well but I really miss my grandsons. Really impressed so far with the wealth of information available.

mumu54 Mon 13-Jan-20 13:27:00

Hi Jo61

Welcome to Gransnet and Dorset. I emigrated to Dorset from Norfolk just over 50 years ago and love it down here.
I live just outside Poole/Wimborne. Share a house with my mother as we are both widows.

Jo61 Mon 13-Jan-20 20:08:58

Thank you mumu54, yes we love it too. Actually live in Bridport which is such a vibrant town.

evianers Mon 20-Jan-20 18:38:03

Having lived out of the UK for 44 years{!} we have now "settled" I hope in Shaftesbury. What a beautiful, friendly town full of helpful and accommodating people. So different from France {12 years}, Belgium {15 years}, Oz {6 years} and South Africa {11 years} . Prior to that I was single in Switzerland {6 years} = just a recycled teenager actually.....

Curlywhirly Mon 20-Jan-20 20:24:18

Wow evianers, what an exciting life you've had! What country (apart from UK) was your favourite? And which was your least favourite?

evianers Tue 21-Jan-20 16:00:14

Good question........hmmmm obviously Switzerland with its magical scenery and incredibly efficient transport system. That said, although the salaries are extremely high, as is the standard of living, the inhabitants can be stuffy and smug with sometimes a very superior attitude.
Hated Oz. Don't want to write anything controversial on here but couldn't wait to get to Belgium. Best thing about Australia? Flight to Singapore!!!

Mimi22 Fri 13-Mar-20 10:25:11

Hello! Would love to chat Jo61. I have recently moved here from Norfolk too, mumu54. Am based in Shaftesbury at the moment evianers. Where are you based Curlywhirly? Any plans to meet up?

SadafGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 13-Mar-20 11:23:39

Welcome to Gransnet Mimi22 hope you enjoy the boards and get to meet up with some of fellow gransnetters' in real life soon!

emmasnan Fri 13-Mar-20 20:14:57

Hello, I've lived in Dorchester for about 40 years. Its a lovely friendly place to live. I was born in Norfolk too!

Lovelifelynn Tue 24-Nov-20 10:26:25

Hi ladies, I live in Weymouth and would love to meet up/chat when we are permitted. Hope you are all keeping well.