Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Anyone near the Hampshire/Berkshire/ Surrey borders?

(64 Posts)
WrinklyOldBag Wed 06-May-20 10:06:39

Good morning everyone. I have just joined and am enjoying reading lots of your "threads" smile do any of you live near Crowthorne/Finchampstead/Sandhurst?

Greenfinch Thu 28-Sep-23 12:07:30

Thanks Wolwol. Can I bump this one up again at Squires-and a special hello to dustyangel. Good luck with the appointments and do let us know if you have any follow up ones and we can organise another meet-up.
Those in Frimley ,Farnborough and Aldershot you are most welcome but you would need to drive. Perhaps we could organise something equidistant from those three and Wokingham. Any thoughts.

Wolwol Wed 27-Sep-23 14:51:50

Hello all,
From the Wokingham / Berkshire meet up thread, there's another meeting on Thursday October 5th, 10.30 am, at Squires Garden Centre, Heathlands Road, Wokingham RG40 3AS, all welcome!

I'm in Berkshire, within a couple of minutes drive of the Surrey and Hampshire borders 😊

From Sandhurst, it takes me a little over 10 minutes to drive to Squires, there is free parking, and I don't need to go near Wokingham town centre, lovely though it is 😊

Do pop over to the thread and say if you're interested; I'll also check for replies here. Please do ask for more info/directions if you wish 😊

dustyangel Thu 07-Sep-23 18:13:45

Hello everyone, I’ve been watching this thread with interest as for a change, I’ll actually be in England for this meet up. (Frimley/Camberley area) Unfortunately after staying away for all of the pandemic we’ve already got a lot of appointments to catch up on starting on 5th.

Have a lovely time all of you, enjoy yourselves.

mantaray Thu 07-Sep-23 16:14:43

Hi
I live in Frimley too and would love a meet up.

Annabelle52 Fri 04-Nov-22 18:26:34

I live in Aldershot too just found this.

Deedaa Fri 27-May-22 20:35:10

Hi JustJane I live in Bracknell. Several of us meet up from time to time usually in Wokingham or Reading. Camberley is also a possibility. Do you drive or are you reliant on public transport?

JustJane1964 Thu 26-May-22 09:54:54

Hello all x I have just moved to Farnbrough and looking to met people as I do not know anyone in the area...
Wouls love to hear from you smile

Greenfinch Sat 01-Jan-22 22:54:11

Sylvia I would start another thread which would be more likely to be read by people in your area .

Sylvia11 Sat 01-Jan-22 19:41:21

Hi , I am in Kingston and would love to meet up with those nearby.

Auntieflo Tue 07-Dec-21 12:47:24

So glad you enjoyed your meet up, and sorry that I had to miss it. Hopefully next time ?

M0nica Tue 07-Dec-21 12:05:07

I hope so.

Greenfinch Tue 07-Dec-21 11:09:54

Thanks MOnica. There were only two of us but we spent a happy couple of hours catching up and enjoying some cake and coffee. See you next time perhaps.

M0nica Mon 06-Dec-21 07:48:25

Enjoy yourselves today.

Greenfinch Sun 05-Dec-21 14:37:34

A final reminder about our meet up tomorrow at 10.30 ish at Holme Grange garden centre. Join us if you can.

Greenfinch Thu 02-Dec-21 22:09:24

Deedaa I have sent you a pm

Greenfinch Thu 02-Dec-21 21:19:57

That would be lovely MOnica. We could extend it to lunch as well. They do quite nice paninis and jacket potatoes etc there .

M0nica Thu 02-Dec-21 19:59:16

I lived in first Bracknell, Crowthorne and then Finchampstead before moving to Reading and then Abingdon area.

I still have friends in that area and go there regularly.

I cannot come to the meeting at Holme Grange, I know the area well, as, sadly Iam attending the funeral of a friend.

However I would like to come to others.

Auntieflo Thu 02-Dec-21 19:08:12

Hi Greenfinch, so sorry, but I will not be able to make the Monday meet up. Another time ?

Greenfinch Thu 02-Dec-21 16:59:08

Just a reminder about our Wokingham meet up on Monday. Do please join us if you can . The details are up thread.

Greenfinch Wed 24-Nov-21 12:23:09

That's true. Perhaps we could try Reading again in the New Year. Would anyone be interested?

Deedaa Tue 23-Nov-21 23:45:17

It might make a difference, we've had bigger gatherings in Reading haven't we?

Greenfinch Tue 23-Nov-21 22:38:10

Do you think it could be because there is no public transport to the garden centre? Perhaps we should think of a different venue next time.

Deedaa Tue 23-Nov-21 20:36:26

Are there really no other people in the Reading/Bracknell/Wokingham area who would like to meet up for a coffee? We are quite nice and don't bite!

Greenfinch Tue 16-Nov-21 14:00:10

Bump

Greenfinch Sun 14-Nov-21 11:57:52

We plan to meet up again on Monday 6th December in the restaurant at Holme Grange Craft Centre Wokingham / Crowthorne where there is excellent free parking. Please do join us if you live in the area.It would be lovely to meet you.