Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Portsmouth area

(7 Posts)
sausagedoggie Wed 17-Jun-20 16:42:38

Hi, Im new, anyone around the Portsmouth area please?

Dixsy Sun 21-Jun-20 11:23:49

Hi. I'm new here. But sorry not from your neck of the woods. West yorkshire.

Ruthless Sat 27-Jun-20 18:34:52

Yes I’m new to GNs and live between Winchester and Southampton. This is actually my 1st time of posting but reading many posts during lockdown has helped keep me going as I live alone. Just starting to venture out so attending a meet up one day would be super!

LullyDully Sat 27-Jun-20 19:44:26

We do have a group who live around and have met up several times. We live in Hedge End, Romsey, Netley, Gosport, Havant and Portsmouth to name a few places. We have met in Winchester, Southampton and Portsmouth so far.
We are waiting for things to become more normal to meet up. Public transport is a bit of a no go area I feel. The train takes me to the meet ups.

Keep in touch and watch this space.

Ruthless Sat 27-Jun-20 19:47:21

Many thanks for the information that there is already a group in my area. I most certainly will keep looking!

PammyHoops Tue 28-Jul-20 17:37:25

I didn't know there was a group in this area that meet, I will have to keep an eye out for it too. I am just outside the Portsmouth area too

merlotgran Tue 28-Jul-20 17:45:05

We're hoping to move to Gosport next year to be nearer to family. Half of me is really looking forward to it because I'm a Hampshire girl but the other half is dreading such a big uprooting at our time of life.