Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Summer evenings

(9 Posts)
JPB123 Sun 11-Jul-21 08:29:45

Lovely summer evenings used to be a joy! The family ,friends,having fun...now it is a lonely time.People don't seem to enjoy themselves as much..

Lucca Sun 11-Jul-21 08:33:43

It will come back one day. Near me some people were clearly partying until 4.30 am!

MerylStreep Sun 11-Jul-21 09:04:17

JPB123
I suppose it all depends where you live and what your family/friends dynamics are.
Not a problem here.

Oopsadaisy1 Sun 11-Jul-21 09:06:26

Nothing to stop people being outside except the horrid weather!
Let’s hope warm Summer evenings come back soon.

Redhead56 Sun 11-Jul-21 09:15:51

I agree with you even though most people have had vaccinations a lot are still reluctant to mix. Even the village near where we live is like a ghost town it used to be so lively.

Aldom Sun 11-Jul-21 09:16:18

The weather this summer is partly to blame for people not enjoying summer evenings in the garden. But you only have to read the Good Morning thread to see that people are meeting their friends and families.
During the past nine days I have met in the park for a picnic with seven friends. Enjoyed morning coffee for three of us at the home of a friend. Had a walk with another friend, ending with coffee at a friend's house. I've also this week, had coffee /lunch with my daughter and joined later, in the garden by my son in law. I have a friend coming for drinks this week and no doubt I will be walking with someone during the week. People are enjoying themselves, but there are those who choose not to mix for a variety of reasons, since Covid.

Kim19 Sun 11-Jul-21 09:16:27

I live in a town where there are still a few multi generational families around and I think they have the experiences you allude to but so many of us are mile separated from those we would choose to be with that this is not possible. I'm not even remotely lonely but I do know those I'd like to be spending an awful lot more of my time with. Sadly, just not possible in these modern times.

timetogo2016 Sun 11-Jul-21 09:22:07

Yes i know what you mean JPB123 i feel exacty the same.
One day just seem to roll into the next and so on.
I think we are a little down due to covid and restrictions pushed upon us.
Maybe it will change,who knows ?.

Aveline Sun 11-Jul-21 09:23:20

We quite often have drinks out in the garden of our block of flats. Neighbours join us and it's very pleasant. Not a wild time but cheerful companionship and chat. That's all I ask these days.