Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Are there any North Cotswold Grans out there?

(6 Posts)
Nancat Fri 14-Jan-22 01:22:49

I moved to Broadway just before the "bug" hit, so have been isolating/locked down most of the time since. Are there any Grans in this area who would like to chat and maybe meet for a coffee when the weather gets better (bug permitting)?

NanKate Fri 14-Jan-22 21:49:34

What a lovely place to live Nancat. I especially like the NT house/garden the name evades me. I used to live in Stratford upon Avon and we regularly visited Broadway and the other villages nearby. We visited a bird sanctuary/garden centre recently near Moreton in Marsh. It’s well worth a visit.

I now live in South Bucks, but thought I would just say hello.

Marion2041 Fri 11-Mar-22 12:38:20

Hi Nancat, I've only just looked at this site after joining before the pandemic hit. I've just seen your post. I live in Cheltenham and would love to meet up for coffee and a chat. Broadway is not that far away and I drive! Would love to hear from you.

Nancat Fri 08-Apr-22 19:07:24

Hello Marion, Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the delay in replying, but I gave up hope of an answer and haven't been checking for a few weeks. It would be really nice to have a coffee together. I don't know Cheltenham very well, only been a couple of times for shopping with my sister when she visited from Leeds. Maybe you can suggest somewhere, or if you prefer to come to Broadway that would be nice too, especially as the weather is improving. Let me know what you prefer.

kittylester Fri 08-Apr-22 19:23:58

nancat have you also checked out the other threads?

Nancat Sun 10-Apr-22 00:27:13

Thanks for the suggestion Kittylester. I did look at the other threads, but too far away. The nearest is Oxford which is 40+ miles, and I'm still trying to find my way round locally. At least now that restrictions have been lifted, I'm broadening my horizons. Thank you for taking the time to reply.