Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Glesga Grannies meet up?

(102 Posts)
bridie54 Tue 14-Feb-23 19:22:36

I know this is short notice but I wondered how the grannies who make it to the Glesga meets feel about a get together Tuesday 14th March? Usual place, Concert Hall cafe at 1.00.

I've just found out I'm going to be in town that week and thought I'd suggest a meet as we haven't had one for a while. Here's hoping the good weather holds till then. Be good to see you all again if we can make it.

Marydoll Thu 16-Mar-23 14:04:00

Lovely to hear from you Borrheid. We had some happy times, didn't we?
Im becoming quite nostalgic.

Borrheid55 Thu 16-Mar-23 13:44:38

As a granny originally from Barrhead, I would have loved to have joined you all. Unfortunately, I am 500 miles away in Kent! Looks a lot of fun! Shame Marydoll couldn’t make it ( we were at school together!). Thank goodness for technology

Lomo123 Wed 15-Mar-23 21:56:04

Lovely pictures.

brook2704 Wed 15-Mar-23 21:17:31

Aww what lovely pictures! I recognise a few faces and it’s good to see new ones too
I’m really hoping I can make it to the next meet up 😀
Thanks for taking the pictures Topsy and for sharing them marydoll

Marydoll Wed 15-Mar-23 20:32:45

Sorry, should be weenannie and Grannmarie.

Marydoll Wed 15-Mar-23 20:19:09

and more.....

Thanks to Topsy Irene, our photographer.

Her is the list of attendees, I think. No particular order of importance! wink Sorry if I have missed someone out.
I was only there in spirit! grin

Bridie54
Topsy Irene
Baubles
Baggs
Jangran
Grammaretto
Granny 23
Stilllearning
weeannie
Litterpicker
Firdaus19
Granmarie

Sallymander Wed 15-Mar-23 20:16:19

Lovely photographs.

Marydoll Wed 15-Mar-23 20:12:13

As promised here are the photos.

bridie54 Wed 15-Mar-23 12:27:44

I can only echo all the comments on here about yesterdays meet. I was never so relieved when I walked into the Concert Hall cafe to see so many familiar faces and then the new faces too. Lovely to see you all.

When I opened the bedroom curtains yesterday morning and saw the snow I wondered how many would manage to come to our meet. But I needn't have worried - us Glesga Grans are obviously made of tough stuff.

As for all the thanks, I can't really take much credit for 'organising' this meet. I just suggest a date and then sit back while you all pile in. It was Marydoll who told me about the venue and it has proved to be just right for us. I hope you can join us at the next one Marydoll as we were thinking about another in the summer.

Thanks for taking the photos Topsy

firdaus19 Wed 15-Mar-23 10:40:18

What a lovely and lively meeting yesterday smile Great to see everyone, including Marydoll via technology. Thank you, Bridie54, for organising it and to everyone I had a chance to have a wee chat with. Marydoll, I'm OK with the photos, thanks for checking.

Grannmarie Wed 15-Mar-23 09:06:26

That's good news, weenanni, wishing your DH a speedy recovery.
Lovely to meet you yesterday.
Hope Kalu's DH'S appointment went well.

weenanni59 Wed 15-Mar-23 08:38:10

Hi ladies , lovely to see you all yesterday and passed a lovely few hour between dropping him off and visiting.
He was very upbeat last night …. Hope that lasts 😀 xx

Marydoll Tue 14-Mar-23 19:24:59

I too was thinking of weenanni and her DH . 💐

Jangran99 Tue 14-Mar-23 19:16:39

Hope all went well with your DH weenanniand you have a good visit with him.

Marydoll Tue 14-Mar-23 19:12:16

Actually, very few of us actually come from Glasgow! grin

Marydoll Tue 14-Mar-23 19:11:29

Everyone is welcome. You don't need to come from Glasgow! wink
We are hoping to have one in the summer, so keep your eye out in the Meet Ups Section.
Hopefully I will be well enough to go next time. I was so delighted to have a virtual meet up, today.
It was lovely to see you all.

We have had a fair number now and meet in the Café Bar of the Concert Hall at 1pm.

Hope you can make the next one.

anniebaba Tue 14-Mar-23 19:04:33

I didn't know glesca grannies met up!! Can I come another time?

TopsyIrene06 Tue 14-Mar-23 19:02:21

Great to meet you all again today, thanks.

Jangran99 Tue 14-Mar-23 19:00:56

A lovely meet ladies, so disappointed I had to leave early , an appointment I could not miss.
I'm fine with photos Mary, and great to have seen you today.😊

Grammaretto Tue 14-Mar-23 18:40:10

It was very nice. Thanks Bridie for setting it in motion.

There were 2 grans I'd not met before.
Sorry Baubles for sloshing my soup on the table just missing us
No snow on the journey home except on the hills.
I'm ok with photos.

brook2704 Tue 14-Mar-23 18:26:01

Sounds like you all had a lovely time! Sorry to have missed seeing you all but hopefully next time! x

Baggs Tue 14-Mar-23 18:20:24

PS OK with photos just wish I was as photogenic as other people 🙃

Baggs Tue 14-Mar-23 18:19:03

Great fun this afternoon! Lovely to meet people again and some for the first time. Here's to the next ✌️

Grannmarie Tue 14-Mar-23 17:53:55

What a lovely meet up!
It was great to see so many friendly faces, some familiar, some new ( to me ), and a very special appearance of Marydoll, via WhatsApp video call. It was lovely to chat with everyone.
I'm OK with photos. 🥰👍

baubles Tue 14-Mar-23 17:20:29

Thanks everyone for a smashing day everyone. Lovely to see you all again and to meet another couple of Gransnetters for the first time.

Glad you got to join in virtually Mary, I’m ok with photos.