Gransnet forums

Menopause

Menopace Original

(11 Posts)
terriblenannyterry Wed 20-Apr-16 08:52:21

Has anyone ever tried Menopace Original?
At the moment I am only really having hot flushes at night - not really waking up soaking wet just hot - sometimes once a night, sometimes feels like every half an hour! I wanted to try Menopace before maybe asking doc about oestrogen only patch/gel (had hysterectomy so don't need combined).
I have read some good reviews about Menopace but not sure how what is just a glorified multivit can stop hot flushes! I know it has folic acid in which has had some good results in trials. I have talked to my daughter about it and she said just go on HRT! I am just worried that once on it I won't be able to come off it! I did lose my mum to breast cancer (she was 67) which has put my sister off HRT altogether even though her doc offered it to her.

terriblenannyterry Wed 20-Apr-16 08:54:01

Forgot to say I am 52!

Thingmajig Wed 20-Apr-16 10:10:21

I took Menopace Calcium for a while a couple of years ago and it worked a treat, and almost instantly. I opted for the calcium version just because we need it for the old bones after menopause!
It actually worked so well I stopped taking it but the inner heat eventually came back at the end of last year. I've now opted for Menopace Night as the only time I really felt bothered was in bed at night ... duvet off, duvet on etc etc etc. Again it works perfectly and I might even have to up the togs on my duvet after summer. smile
I don't feel my symptoms are bad enough (in fact, hardly worth mentioning compared to some ladies I know) to warrant bothering my busy GP and having HRT.
Menopace has been brilliant for me and I would highly recommend it to anyone. It's worth trying it for a month or two and if it doesn't work for you then it's onto something else.

terriblenannyterry Wed 20-Apr-16 12:51:17

Thank for the info. Yeah I am not really too bothered by symptoms (yet!) apart from the hotness at night! I only started the Menopace a couple of days ago so will definitely stick with it until I finish this first box or maybe even another box. I did have the same thing happen last year from March to August and I didn't take anything but the flushes suddenly stopped so I thought I had got away it very lightly then in March this year they started again!

holdthetonic Thu 05-May-16 07:47:17

THANK YOU !!! This is just the information I've been looking for....
I'm getting fed up with the flushes but don't think my symptoms are severe enough for HRT. So I shall now get some Menopace and hopefully it'll help turn down my inner thermostat!

Bothiegran2013 Thu 07-Jul-16 05:03:04

I have been on HRT since having a hysterectomy about 20 years ago. Dr's were on at me to come off, so for the last few years I have been trying to cut down. It has not been easy, the hot flushes, day and night are horrid. I have been off it completely for about 4 weeks now and regular flushes, mostly at night, some during the day. I am hoping it won't go on too long but am not enjoying this stage at all. I may go back to my tablets and take my chance with the consequences. Part of the problem is there is actually no definitive research that proves a link to cancer, it all seems a bit hit and miss. I don't mean to offend anyone who has cancer etc, but with my symptoms and history, I would rather take the risk and have a heat free life where I can sleep at night but............very difficult decision.

Humbug4 Thu 07-Jul-16 05:53:18

I am the same age and have similar issues. Think I'll be in the queue at the pharmacy behind holdthetonic !

gettingonabit Thu 07-Jul-16 07:15:00

I took Menopace for flushes and they worked. Thankfully I wasn't plagued by night flushes, but the result on my day flushes was almost instantaneous.

However i was warned off them by my doctor. Dunno why. I think he just wanted to see me suffer. B...rd.

Teetime Thu 07-Jul-16 09:18:22

I took Menopace and it didn't make any appreciable difference to me. I need HRT nothing else will do it for me - control the flushes that is.

hildajenniJ Thu 07-Jul-16 13:49:15

I tried them way back when I first started having hot flushes. They were useless!

Bothiegran2013 Sat 09-Jul-16 09:47:58

I've given up and gone back into my HRT. The constant heat/cold was beginning to get me down. The sweat is just pouring off me and I feel very conscious when I am with people. I have other severe stresses in my life at present, I don't need this one. I would always recommend HRT, but each person must make up their own mind having read the available research. Good luck to everyone.