Gransnet forums

Menopause

Menopause sickness.

(8 Posts)
rubylady Wed 04-Jan-17 20:43:25

I have bouts of feeling really sick, especially when I move about at the time of month I am supposed to start my period (they are now all up the spout and sometimes only a tiny bit, certainly on the very last wring out of the cloth!). I am sick at times too and is worrying when going out. I always carry a drink of water with me.

It might sound strange but when I started to be sick, I had forgot how to be, and really panicked myself. My doctor was very helpful when I asked to see someone about this and he said "Oh, I don't need to send you to anyone, I can tell you, you are going through the menopause". I bet his brain cell gets lonely. grin He seems to be getting over the black eye quite well.

Has anyone else had this sickness and nausea when finishing/finished periods?

tanith Wed 04-Jan-17 21:10:25

I did find the car sickness that I'd suffered from as a child seemed to come back when I was menopausal, it wasn't that much of a problem for me the hot flushes/sweats were far worse.

Pittcity Thu 05-Jan-17 07:54:45

The only time I was travel sick was on the first day of my period. I also got bleeding gums at that time. Both doctor and dentist put symptoms down to hormones. They continue even now during perimenopause.

MissAdventure Thu 19-Jan-17 20:59:31

I used to get nausea as the menopause grew nearer. It seemed the closer it got, the more symptoms got added to my list; things which had never happened before. Nausea, feeling dizzy, awful headaches, painful thighs - you name it, I had it!

MissAdventure Thu 19-Jan-17 21:01:20

Oh, and wind!! Bad wind, and sometimes loose bowels, which was always rather worrying! blush

vampirequeen Fri 20-Jan-17 07:53:19

I used to have morning sickness at the beginning of my menopause and even now sometimes get morning nausea.

grannypiper Fri 20-Jan-17 08:51:24

2days before every period i had a massive headache and vomited, would really need to lie in a dark room and sleep for 15-20mins then would be as right as rain until the net month. I had a hysterectomy 8 months ago and still get the same headache/vomiting at the time i would have been my period even though i have no ovaries !I am hoping it lessens soon

Teetime Fri 20-Jan-17 10:10:55

I used to be very nauseous on the day before a period was due (some years ago now) but I have never heard of menopausal associated nausea which of course does not mean it doesn't exist. As for forgetting how to vomit don't worry about that you body remembers how.