Gransnet forums

Menopause

post menopausal bleeding

(11 Posts)
labrinth123 Mon 21-Jan-19 14:41:41

hi,i had my first menopausal bleed 6 years ago,went to the hospital and i was told i needed a general anesthetic as they could see inside my womb due to scar tissue,i was worried about general anesthetic so didnt go back,how ever 2 years later it became bad,so bk i went,to be told it was polops,i had them removed via general anesthetic,2 years later same again,had those removed by local anesthetic,now 18 months later same again due at the hospital next week to see what it is,doc thinks its the same and i did have biopsys etc,but so worried this time,thinking of just asking for a hysterectomy,what do you thing,cant stand the worry all the time

Teetime Mon 21-Jan-19 14:49:17

A hysterectomy is a major procedure as you know. I think its best to discuss this with your consultant - he wont do it if its unnecessary. Its probably not helpful of me to say try to not worry but I hope it goes well.

labrinth123 Mon 21-Jan-19 14:56:20

thankyou,one thing i have read,a womb cancer takes 10-15 years to develope from unusual cells,and mine was clear 18 months ago

EllanVannin Mon 21-Jan-19 15:11:48

Polyps like cysts will keep coming back unfortunately and the only answer is surgery if they're troublesome.

labrinth123 Mon 21-Jan-19 15:18:12

yes i had them removed twice already ,little buggers ,they give pressure and back and tummy pain as well,a lot of trouble these little fellows are

labrinth123 Wed 30-Jan-19 23:31:14

well had my appointment today ,internal scan,biopsy showed yet another polop,gosh these little guys do cause pain and pressure,im to have an op,under general anasthetic so they will remove polop and part of womb lining

Mollypussy Thu 28-Feb-19 05:40:19

I had polyps 5 and 7 years ago and now suffering discharge and pelvis pain , I’m just hoping there not back again as had to have ops to take them out each time

labrinth123 Fri 01-Mar-19 20:19:02

this is my 3rd time of these little polops.this time im getting them done plus taking part of my womb linning away,and now they are saying the want to fit a hormone coil to reduce thickness,im not keen on the latter,too many risks,general anesthetic again this time ,still waiting for pre op ive been waiting for 5 weeks now,been told it could be up to 18 weeks

Tonto25 Mon 20-May-19 10:37:51

Hi has anyone been through this . Havnt had a period for three years I am 51 . Started to bleed heavily Doc sent me to hospital , got ultra sound scan done and vaginal scan . They showed ovaries fine cervix fine bit thickening of the womb lining should be 4mm mines was 6 mm . Getting a hysterectomy done on tuesday under ga and a biopsy . I am really worried if I’m honest Amy advice or support would be appreciated if anyone else has gone through this thanks

FC61 Tue 04-Jun-19 13:57:26

I had a hysterectomy in January this year and had it done keyhole. Honestly by April I wouldn’t know I’d had it done. My memory blips so I’m thinking of asking about testosterone replacement. But sexually no different. In generally much less tired. Have more stamina but I did have stage 1 C so that might have been draining me. I only had 1000 mg paracetamol the first night and needed pain killers to get on my feet and walking but it’s best to get up ASAP and get walking and drink 2 litres water ! Don’t get constipated! Had more probs with broccoli ( stay off windy veg) and bowel cos of being in bed! Had scary bruises but it all went. It’s good to move gently and potter about after but jump in bed fast when tired! Don’t push it and I think it heals much faster. Get as much help as possible for three weeks with shopping cooking etc Good luck and don’t worry until you are have a good reason.

Greenfinch Tue 04-Jun-19 15:03:00

A coil is not the only option. Has your doctor not suggested progesterone tablets which apparently help to stop the polyps recurring ?