Gransnet forums

Menopause

HRT withdrawal

(4 Posts)
Loretta807 Sat 09-Feb-19 17:21:59

I have weaned down to 1 pill every other day. Symptoms returning, anxiety, low moods, heart palpitations, hot and cold flushes. I am 62 have been taking my HRT for 10 years or more. Thought I would try weaning down. Anyone else having these problems? I am going to start back to daily dose. Thoughts? I am in USA

tillytrotternotbrianpotter Sun 10-Feb-19 22:44:50

i had merena coil for 5 years,different drug i know,but my body completely crashed,bled constantly for 3 years,now aged 50 and starting to feel human again,keep weaning yourself off this wicked stuff,it will take years to leave your body.

RosieLeah Mon 11-Feb-19 06:48:59

Why do you want to stop taking it? I have been taking it for about 30 years now and will continue because it helps to prevent osteoporosis. In my opinion, it's the quality of life which is important. I would prefer to die from cancer than live a life of pain and disability.

stella1949 Mon 11-Feb-19 10:46:02

I've been on HRT for 35 years after a surgical menopause at the age of 35. Without it I have terrible hot flushes and terrible mood swings. I tried to go off it a few years ago but went back on it for my sanity's sake.

I'll stay on it for life now - why fix something that isn't broken ?