Gransnet forums

Menopause

Estrogen allergy

(4 Posts)
Bballsusie Mon 11-Feb-19 13:38:49

Was happy to go on HRT for my symptoms. But having tried oral patch and Estrogen on its own I appear to have Estrogen intolerance/allergy response. Any suggestions on alternatives?
My insomnia is The worst symptom.

Anja Mon 11-Feb-19 14:21:45

I’m confused. How can you be a woman andvhave sn oestrogen allergy?

Oestrogen is the primary female sex hormone. It is responsible for the development and regulation of the female reproductive system and secondary sex characteristics.

I see you are new to GN so don’t want to scare you off but this seems very odd indeed. Can you explain more perhaps?

Territerri55 Sun 14-Apr-19 21:03:47

I have same prob. Using vagifem with an antidepressant and relactagel. It took 6 dr, one who told me the secretary in my head wasnt getting the message - imagine! To get diagnosed with genitourinary syndrome of menopause (GSM). How luck am I it's rare. Just something to be aware of. It's not always about hot flushes.

Angie196543 Wed 08-May-19 09:37:15

Ive decided to stop taking Sandrina 0.5 hrt gel. All my trouble started after going on HRT so im stabbing in the dark and would appreciate any advice as I really dont know whats going on with (me) Ive been on and off since end January which isnt a long time but it feels like forever . It all started 4 years ago, full hysterectomy ay 49 and put on Hrt patches for 6 months, all was well. I stopped the patches until february. I initially went to my GP with not being able to sleep, she prescribed anti histamine which gave me a very dry mouth and nothing else. I then developed uti and was put on 7 different kinds of anti biotics over 3 months to cure it. Since then ive got a yellow tongue upset tummy so went back to my gp who has given me fluconazole and omeprazole , the fluconozole helps the oral thrush and the omeprazole stops or helps gerd. None of these have been tested for by the way, she is treating me blind. I have CT scans and all my bloods are normal apart from fatty liver. Im 6 days into my 14 day fluconozole and 4 days into 40mg omeprazole and feel terrible. My tongue seems to be improving but thats all. I am so fed up, She has also started me taking sandrina 0.5 gel hrt which ive been taking for 14 days. Please... what would you do if this was you, i feel so down and fed up. Im getting married in 7 weeks and want to be well xx