Gransnet forums

Menopause

Evorel 50

(7 Posts)
Nanachat Tue 16-Apr-19 19:57:16

Has anyone used these and can tell me how they helped? I have a mirena coil so get prostegen from this, but as I have no periods my GP carried out fsh blood tests.

I’m 57 with a boat load of symptoms and I’m hoping for good results. I don’t know anyone on HRT not one of my friends or family have used it. The most common reason I hear is the fear of weight gain and that I am simply delaying the symptoms.

Thanks.

Esspee Fri 19-Apr-19 04:19:07

Nanachat, I have no experience of Evorel 50 but have been on HRT for 30 years and have many friends who take it.

Let me reassure you that when you find the right type of HRT for you it is life changing. I'm on it for life.

Google NICE guidelines on the menopause to get the most up to date information on the subject and enjoy the benefits.

arosebyanyothername Fri 19-Apr-19 05:10:03

Hi, I have been on Evorel HRT patches for the last 10years. A subtotal hysterectomy brought on instant and horrific menopausal symptoms.
I’ve had no problems at all ?

Nanachat Sat 20-Apr-19 06:59:10

Oh that’s good to hear, I’m thinking it may be a couple of months before I feel a noticeable difference. I have to admit that even at my age and with all of the information available I’m not sure I truly understand the various stages of menopause so those NICE guidelines are very helpful, thank you.

Liz46 Sat 20-Apr-19 07:19:58

I have been on Evorel for about 30 years after a hysterectomy. My GP (a lady) took me off it about 10 years ago and I was not happy. The only appointment I could get was with a young, male GP. He said I am old enough to make up my own mind and gave me a prescription.

I feel that it protects my bones. Earlier this year I had a bad fall onto a marble floor (fainted due to food poisoning on holiday) and didn't break anything.

Mossfarr Thu 25-Apr-19 20:19:54

Esspee and Liz46,

I'm so glad I read your posts. I got quite worried because I've been using HRT patches for 20years after a total hysterectomy. As I am soon to be 60 I thought I needed to wean myself off them - but the night sweats, insomnia, hot flushes etc are making me so miserable. I have been unable to decide whether I should just continue using my patches or not (haha indecisiveness - another menopause symptom) but after reading your posts I'm going upstairs to find my patches and slap one on !!

Volvariella Tue 07-May-19 20:51:13

Yes yes yes! I'm well over 60 and still on it - unfortunately have to take progesterone too, but if you've had a hysterectomy then no need to stop at all especially if patches or gel!