Gransnet forums

Menopause

Evorel 50

(5 Posts)
Jools1x Tue 23-Apr-19 07:26:35

Hi I have just started on the everol 50/ Conti combination patch a week ago but I had great difficulty trying to find a chemist that stocked this, I was told by pharmacist it has been out of stock for a while which is worrying as I will need replacements in three weeks time; has anybody else encountered the same problem? Another pharmacist said it was due to a barcode that needs to be on every box before released for sale?

Eleanor21 Tue 23-Apr-19 08:30:29

Hi, there seems to be shortages of some types of HRT. The last time I had my 6 month prescription the pharmacist only managed to get a pack or two at a time and then she asked me if I could read French, fortunately I can as she had managed to get several packs but they were printed in French and she couldn’t issue them to me until she was sure I could read the instructions!

Mossfarr Thu 25-Apr-19 17:32:42

I was originally prescribed Everol 50 over ten years ago and it has always been a problem to source. My local pharmacy just supplies me with any other brand they have in stock if they can't get Everol 50. I've never had any issues with using different brands.

Jools1x Sat 27-Apr-19 19:41:15

Thankyou for your replies ladies, Mossfarr that’s good to know, could you tell me the name of the replacements you have been given just in case I have this problem next month when I get my next prescription?
Many thanks

Volvariella Tue 07-May-19 20:54:41

There are no other replacements for Evorel sequi/conti currently on the market as Femseven ( the only other conbi patch) is temporarily unavailable. The only other options are separate oestrogen patches ( and there are several types of these) with some sort of progesterone tablet prescribed separately eg Provera, utrogestan, or the Mirena coil.