Gransnet forums

Menopause

Evorel HRT patches, when to change to just using conti 50?

(7 Posts)
overwhichhill Mon 29-Apr-19 14:29:11

Hi

I was initailly prescribed Evorel Sequi, but they no longer do that and I now get Evorel Conti and Evorel 50 to alternate (it is exactly the same as the Sequi used to have in the box).

But I realise that eventually I could drop the Conti (progesterone) patches and just take the Evorel 50 and be bleed-free...

But how does anyone know when the right time to do this might be? Anyone any information.

I will not be stopping HRT as without it I have not been able to function! Hope someone can help me?

humptydumpty Mon 29-Apr-19 16:52:38

Surely your GP is the right port-of-call for this question?

overwhichhill Mon 29-Apr-19 17:14:08

Humptydumpty, Sorry I just wondered if anyone had any experience, as my GP is not helpful, and doesn't have an answer!

Sunnysideup Tue 30-Apr-19 19:50:49

Hi, why not go to the website Menopause Matters. It has loads of information and an incredible forum with lots of well informed ladies. I am sure you will get the answer to your question from there.

overwhichhill Thu 02-May-19 10:38:30

Sunnysideup - thank you that website is full of help. Thank you.

Sussexborn Thu 02-May-19 10:45:54

Useful information. Heading there myself! Thanks.

Volvariella Tue 07-May-19 20:58:02

Overwhichhill - No that is completely wrong - sorry! You can drop the Evorel 50 patches and just take the conti and then be bleed free. If you have a uterus then you always have to take some sort of progestogen to protect your uterus lining from cancer. It could be dangerous to take oestrogen only patches all the time. The normal time to transfer to conti HRT from sequi is age 54 or if you started them years ago you could try any time but if you continue to get unpredictable bleeds then go back to sequi.