Gransnet forums

Menopause

HRT and alcohol (only on holiday)

(5 Posts)
MrsMak Sun 12-May-19 11:32:36

Good morning. I’m brand new to this forum. I am about to embark on HRT. I’m a non smoker and rarely drink alcohol. Except when I go on holiday. Then I drink 2-4 drinks every day. If I start taking HRT prior to my holiday, should I stop when I actually go away? Just reading about HRT and breast cancer increased with alcohol. Hope this all makes sense

paddyann Sun 12-May-19 12:50:36

I think the risk is tiny so I wouldn't worry about it,Enjoy your holiday and your wine .I've been on HRT for a long time and although not a big drinker I still have the odd couple of glasses now and again.Its hasn't caused any issues ,I get checked yearly because of gynae problems so I'm sure if it was aproblem they would have said .

Liz46 Sun 12-May-19 12:53:13

I have plenty of wine and have been on HRT for about 30 years.

Eleanor21 Sun 12-May-19 13:05:22

I have been on HRT for 27years, I’m not much of a drinker but don’t think in moderation alcohol makes any difference.
Once you start taking HRT it might take a few weeks to get used to it but don’t stop and start it all the time, it needs to be taken regularly. All life is chance, I would probably be run over by a bus while on the way to the pub!
Have a great holiday.

Charleygirl5 Sun 12-May-19 13:56:34

I was on HRT for many years yonks ago. I drink very little alcohol but I cannot remember ever being told not to take it. Enjoy your holiday.