Gransnet forums

Menopause

HRT Implant

(3 Posts)
Scentia Tue 14-May-19 21:13:23

That is helpful info thank you.

FlexibleFriend Mon 13-May-19 23:04:26

I didn't think they were offered anymore, I had a terrible time with them, started bleeding and never stopped and yet had never previously had a problem. I found patches floated off as I sweated so much they just wouldn't stick. So opted for implants but you have to guess when they are running out, anywhere from 4-6 months and as I said I had issues with bleeding so stopped having the implant replaced thinking the bleeding would gradually ease off as the drug left my system but it didn't it just got worse and I found myself having to decide whether to have a hysterectomy which was a shock as I'd never had any issues prior to the implants. I opted for hormones which fortunately eventually controlled the bleeding. I wouldn't wish what I went through on anyone. Sorry.

Scentia Mon 13-May-19 12:36:25

I am currently on HRT combined patches, they have been like a magic patch in most areas! I do however get very heavy bleeding at least every 4 weeks as well as breakthrough bleeding after sex. I can honestly live with the bleeding but the bleeding after sex worries me. I also swim a lot and the patches fall off after swimming, I was wondering about asking for the implant but don't really know if it will offer the same magic as the patches have. Does anyone know anything about it at all?