Gransnet forums

Menopause

Evoral Conti

(14 Posts)
blondenana Sat 15-Jun-19 16:35:25

Anyone here on or been on Evoral Conti, please?
My Dr has just changed me onto these from Livial, as he thinks patches are safer than tablets, but i have read that people have had bleeds on them, and also hair loss, which i am already suffering with
I have about 3 weeks before i start them but i would like to know of experiences good or bad ,
I am well post menopause so don;t want any bleeding
Also are the second lot of patches just progesterone or a mix of Oestrogen and progesterone

paddyann Sat 15-Jun-19 17:39:17

I had intermittent bleeding for a few months but none since before Christmas .I haven't had any other side effects ,certainly no hair loss ..I only have one patch not two different kinds so I cant answer your question on the difference in patches sorry .I will say I feel great on my HRT ,and I wont be coming off it.I had severe ongoing menopause problems for years and a few different types of HRT before these patches .These are great ,I'm back to being me .

blondenana Sat 15-Jun-19 19:47:09

Thanks for your reply, but yours dont sound like mine, which has one type for a few days and another for a separate week, i think there are a few with the name Conte at the end, but slightly different
Are you post meno too? one with Oestrogen for a few days , and not had a hysterectomy?
I am more worried about the hair loss, cant do with losing any more

blondenana Sat 15-Jun-19 19:50:11

paddyann you sound very happy with yours, i hope i am with mine,time will tell smile

paddyann Sat 15-Jun-19 20:28:24

I'm on the same patch all the time ,I'm 65 and have been on HRT ...different types for a few years .No hysterectomy These are by far the best and I have been told by my gynaecologist that I can stay on them for life .

JenaG Sun 16-Jun-19 17:19:15

Hi girls, I just started these patches on Friday so it’s all new to me. My only problem so far is keeping the flaming thing on lol I’ve it on the front of my thigh and had to put a plaster over the edge of it last night and again today. Any tips on using them would be great. I have found my insides running from yesterday but I do have stomach problems so I don’t want to blame the patch yet, and I’m achey today but I’ve fibromyalgia so might not be the patch ❤️

paddyann Sun 16-Jun-19 19:35:57

I wear mine on my hip and change hip when the patch is changes so right hip Saturday to Tuesday and left hip until the next Saturday .I dont have any problem keeping it on,its held in place by my pants and I usually have to clean the sticky marks when I change it.The HRT might help with your aches though it might well be the cause of the runs ,it will be short term though until you get used to it.Hope it goes well for you,I wouldn't be without mine

blondenana Fri 21-Jun-19 10:20:21

Paddyann i have just put the first patch on this morning, and there IS just one patch, not two, as i thought, i had got confused with changing patch on a different day,
Soo will see how it goes, only hoping i don't lose more hair,
Dr has given me steroid lotion to try, so hoping for the best smile

Bordersgirl57 Fri 21-Jun-19 20:40:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

blondenana Sat 22-Jun-19 10:51:12

JenaG i put my first one on yesterday and it has stayed on very well, i had put it on my side, and then thought it would be better on my thigh,so took it off and tried it on my thigh,but then it wouldn;t stick .so put back in original place, which it did stick back to and still on,but will stick on thigh in future

blondenana Sat 22-Jun-19 10:53:54

Bordersgirl thank you,i hope no more hair loss either, but can only wait and see
Yes times and medical opinions have certainly changed, thank goodness
Can you go back on them, ?
Would you like to?

Bordersgirl57 Sun 23-Jun-19 06:55:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

blondenana Mon 24-Jun-19 20:27:01

JenaG i had the runs all day the first full day right up to yesterday morning, so can only think its the patch, very strange confused

blondenana Tue 25-Jun-19 18:24:35

I dont know hoq quickly any differences wouls show on a new HRT, but i did seem to have a bit more energy yesterday and today,
Maybe i would have anyway, but apart from mourning the loss of my hair, which is depressing anyway, nothing has changed but also today felt a bit tearful,