Gransnet forums

Menopause

Campaign to end the HRT shortage

(6 Posts)
Moleybud Mon 06-Jan-20 10:13:34

I’m struggling , really struggling, femseven 100 now not available until dec 2020, I’ve been told that there is no actual equivalent , as it stands nothing is sitting me, I’m at my wits end .

Liz46 Sat 30-Nov-19 09:17:13

I've not had any trouble getting my Evorel 25 yet so fingers crossed.

welbeck Fri 29-Nov-19 19:07:15

i think there are more important essential drugs.
what about them.
perhaps people who need them are too sick to campaign.

Babs758 Thu 28-Nov-19 11:00:52

My pharmacist told me yesterday that he was being rationed and could only give me one months supply. The GP had prescribed 3 months. :-(

Hotmama Wed 27-Nov-19 14:46:24

Thank you for that and for highlighting this subject . There seems to be no end to the shortage and I will certainly have a look at your suggestions.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 26-Nov-19 11:37:51

Hello

From what you've told us - in conversations on the forums, but also in our menopause survey out this week, the HRT shortage is only getting worse. So we're pleased to announce a new campaign - this time alongside our sister site Mumsnet - focusing on improving women's experiences of the menopause and perimenopause.

In this first phase we want to get politicians to focus on the HRT shortage and do what's needed to sort it out.

In our survey, 43% of those taking HRT say they’ve been affected by current shortages, and 40% have been told by a pharmacist or GP that their current HRT medication isn’t available. Some of you have even said you've travelled abroad in order to get your prescriptions filled.

You can see more results from our survey here.

We'd love you to help us out by putting some pressure on candidates standing in your area for election - you can find some suggestions for actions you can take here.

And as ever please do let us know what you think.

Thanks
GNHQ