Gransnet forums

Menopause

Aching body

(6 Posts)
sallysidetrack Sun 31-Jan-21 17:56:22

I'm a bit fed up now of having aching legs - that ache you get when you feel unwell. I'm wondering if it's to do with the menopause and if anyone has any advice. Also got lower back pain which I'm wondering if that's connected but am seeing a chiropractor on Wednesday about this. I'm not on HRT and am unable to take it. Thanks all

EllanVannin Sun 31-Jan-21 18:18:03

It sounds both artritic-ky ? and circulatory as well, maybe a couple of paracetamol and see how it goes. Then a GP contact.

Blossoming Sun 31-Jan-21 19:04:39

Have you had any blood tests for Vitamin D or calcium levels? In the first instance I’d speak to your GP.

Alioop Sun 31-Jan-21 19:05:41

I've the same symptoms, plus others, and I've put down to menopause. I got to the stage taking my dog a walk caused such awful pains in my legs I hated having to do it. My nurse won't give me HRT either as I was having bad palpatations when I saw her about it and she referred me to the doc. Just drink loads of water and take paracetamol when bad, that's all I do. Something supposed to be just a natural change in a woman's life can cause such misery for some.

Juliet27 Sun 31-Jan-21 19:15:35

I find ibuprofen works better for my aching legs.

Toadinthehole Mon 01-Feb-21 13:09:45

You may have fatigue, which is a symptom of menopause. I take folic acid, and found it helped those sort of aches.