Gransnet forums

Menopause

hrt

(4 Posts)
Newbarnowl Sun 26-Sep-21 10:52:04

Hello , I'm new here and still finding my way around. I would like to hear from ladies using hrt please. I had my ovaries removed aged 57 ( now 60 ) , I had my last period at 51 but I had awful symptoms ( mainly anxiety , brain fog ) after my ovaries were removed , I am trying to find balance now on hrt . I use 2 pumps of oestrogel and utrogestan , I'm wondering if 2 pumps is too much for a post menopausal woman , also I wonder if this way you get too much in one go and would the patch would be better.
I was very reluctant ( and scared) to take hrt ( I didn't need it for my first menopause ) but given the debilitating symptoms I experienced it was a must . sorry for long winded post , all replies gratefully received .

Grannynannywanny Sun 26-Sep-21 23:03:58

Sorry Newbarnowl I have no experience of HRT so can’t offer any advice. Just saying hello to keep your thread active in the hope someone will come along and give a helpful response.

It sounds like you need to have a chat with your GP or practice nurse who will advise you on dosage.

Tessyo Mon 27-Sep-21 08:02:55

Hi Newbarnowl, I’’m 61 and have been on HRT for several years and never intend to stop! I’m lucky to be under a menopause clinic in my area, so have the opportunity to explore dosage as needed. I strongly recommend you take a look at Dr Louise Newson who is a national authority & campaigner re HRT - she provides loads of info, research & also has an award winning ‘balance’ app for women to tap into. She also runs a clinic which offers virtual appointments if you don’t live nearby (privately). Good luck!

Newbarnowl Mon 27-Sep-21 16:08:57

Thankyou for your messages ladies , can I ask Tessyo if you had your ovaries removed ? I'm hoping some other ladies in my situation will come along .