Gransnet forums

Menopause

Is anyone using up to 3 pumps of Oestrogel after 60?

(5 Posts)
Spangle1 Fri 02-Sep-22 17:33:38

Hi, I'm 60 years old I have been on HRT for 6 years. It has been very effective and kept all symptoms at bay, in particular the intense anxiety and anger I felt in early stages. I was on tablets but moved to Oestrogel 3 pumps + Utrogestan 18 months ago which worked well. I have looked at risk/benefits and happy to continue post 60 but thought I should try and reduce if I can. Have got down to 2 pumps but anxiety/anger back with a vengeance. I wondered if anyone else still on 3 pumps post 60?? Thanks

Beautful Fri 02-Sep-22 19:59:55

Regarding your medication ... are you reducing it on your own or through doctors recommendation ? Perhaps you are reducing it too quickly ... as in some cases have to be weaned off slowly ... just a thought ... also hope you will be feeling much better very soon ... God bless

Spangle1 Fri 02-Sep-22 20:55:07

Hi Beautful, thanks for your reply. GP suggested trying to reduce if I could. I did slowly wean myself off 3rd pump over a month but you're right may need to be slower.

Primrose53 Sat 25-Mar-23 16:46:37

Crikey, I am on the same gel and pills as you but GP told me to use two pumps a day on alternate inside thighs. 2 pumps gives me far too much for one thigh so I put one pump on each thigh! I feel really well on this gel plus one pill a day.

Was on patches before but had so much trouble getting them to stay on so do prefer these.

VenusDeVillendorf Fri 08-Sep-23 03:21:20

Can I ask why are you reducing if you still have symptoms and were on the right dose.

You can take hrt your entire life - there’s no need to come off it, just because you’re 60