Gransnet forums

Menopause

HRT Coil and patch!?

(5 Posts)
Midlifemiss57 Mon 05-Sep-22 14:28:59

Hi I'm 60 and Feeling pretty rough at moment.
I had a coil fitted a week ago to give me the progesterone part of HRT it was fitted without any problems.
I had it because my uterus is thickening so my out hrt wasn't suitable.
But I feel so awful, very down and the lack of sleep is getting me down not to mention the anxiety....going through the menopause without anything wasn't as bad as this!
I Don't want to rush getting it taken out but I feel so ill.
Any suggestions greatly accepted. Aly

Redhead56 Mon 05-Sep-22 15:02:10

I was advised because of extremely heavy periods and thickening wall of uterus I should have coil fitted. So I went to have HRT coil fitted I fell ill my body rejected it straight away. I went back for another fitting weeks later exactly the same reaction felt ill and rejected while still at the hospital grounds.
I didn't have one fitted again didn't take any other form of HRT just rode the storm naturally.

Redhead56 Mon 05-Sep-22 15:07:58

I forgot to mention it was Mirena coil.

Mine Mon 05-Sep-22 15:21:50

Hi redhead 56..Really feel for you...Menopause is bad enough without having to go through what your experiencing...Is this the only way they can deliver the progesterone part of your HRT...Is trying to come off HRT an option for you...Hope you get some help from out Gransnetters...sad

Mine Mon 05-Sep-22 15:24:54

Sorry the above post was for MIDLIFEMISS57...Too busy watching the news while texting.blush