Gransnet forums

Menopause

Unwanted Vagifem Pessaries

(7 Posts)
DecoDiva Wed 17-May-23 11:29:29

Anyone know what to do with unwanted Vagifem pessaries. Did not suit me but have nearly 2 full boxes unused and well in date. Don't want to throw them out or have them scrapped by chemists. Can't offer them free on Facebook as they are classed as medication even though you can buy from pharmacy without a prescription. Anyone got any ideas?

Theexwife Wed 17-May-23 11:56:24

Chemists don't always scrap them. I collected some medication from a chemist that had a needle and thread inside the box, obviously a returned packet.

Calendargirl Wed 17-May-23 13:13:39

Would any Women’s Refuges or Homeless charities be glad of them? They always want sanitary and similar items.

kittylester Wed 17-May-23 13:16:54

Hang on to them in case there is another hrt shortage. They could be worth a fortune!

Riverwalk Wed 17-May-23 14:20:02

I recommend you return to the pharmacist.

LOUISA1523 Wed 17-May-23 16:19:27

Calendargirl

Would any Women’s Refuges or Homeless charities be glad of them? They always want sanitary and similar items.

Its a prescription medication...there will be many many contraindications ...absolutely no way should anyone be passing on a medication randomly .....very irresponsible

DecoDiva Wed 17-May-23 19:17:43

For clarification - Vagifem is available on the NHS via prescription. Gina is exactly the same product by the same manufacturer but available over the counter from some pharmacies and online but you have to pay for it yourself. It is not a prescription only product