Gransnet forums

Menopause

Evorel Patches - Best Place To Apply?

(4 Posts)
Emberforever Sat 28-Oct-23 00:02:39

Hello, ladies. I'm just about to start these patches after an HRT break (GP wouldn't prescribe, had to go private) following a complete hysterectomy including removal of my ovaries. I'm 54. It's been an absolutely awful experience and I'm keen to get started again! I'd like to ask where you apply yours to ensure they stay stuck and do you find that they stick well? Also would love to hear from anyone in the same boat on the estrogen only patches minus ovaries and how these are working fir you. Thank you!

paddyann54 Sat 28-Oct-23 00:20:45

Below your waist on your buttocks or hips.I find they stick well and haven't had one come loose for a while.There was a problem with the adhesive a few years ago but its all fine now.Good luck with the HRT .I've been on it for a long time and have been told I can stay on it for life.I wouldn't be without it

Emberforever Sun 29-Oct-23 08:25:55

Thank you, PaddyAnn. That's really encouraging!

VenusDeVillendorf Sat 30-Dec-23 13:01:03

I stick mine to the left of my belly on Mondays and to the right on Thursdays, that way I don’t overload the skin with the adhesive. I find that I can get a red patch with the adhesive of some of the larger patches I’ve used.

I prefer the smaller estrodot patches (75).

Are you also taking progesterone- you mention you’ve have your ovaries removed, but if you still have a womb you should be in progesterone also.

If you’re not I’d go back to get advice about progesterone as well - Utrogestan is the progesterone I take vaginally, to protect against over proliferation of my womb’s lining, the endometrium.

Even if you’re past menopause, and no longer have periods, or have had surgical menopause, if you still have a womb, you do need progesterone.