Gransnet forums

News & politics

What is it with Tony Blair?

(29 Posts)
absentgrana Sat 17-Nov-12 20:24:03

After he resigned as Prime Minister, did his formal conversion to RC and published his novel autobiography, we heard very little about him. I assumed he was getting on with sorting out the Middle East and being a highly paid consultant for all the companies he was signed up to as a highly paid consultant. Then, a few weeks ago, little paragraphs of interviews and photographs started appearing scattered throughout the press where he talked about his greater experience and ability to contribute and how he wished to do so. Is there a top EU job in the offing? [cynical emoticon] Gradually he is gaining an increasingly higher public profile again, albeit sometimes as second rate as canvassing for Sir John Prescott seeking election as a Police Commissioner. I think we should be told.

janeainsworth Sun 18-Nov-12 23:43:44

I didn't know that Anno. I have to say it was a very expensive way of showing that it wouldn't be popular, and he made himself look ridiculous as well by appearing to promote itconfused

Mamie Mon 19-Nov-12 08:33:08

There is a fascinating obituary of his father, Leo, today in the Guardian.

absentgrana Mon 19-Nov-12 08:38:30

Jainainsworth I stand corrected. Thanks. Apparently, Lord Blair of Al Basrah has just done a consultancy deal with Brazil worth another £4 million. Is there no end to his talents?