Gransnet forums

News & politics

Has Red Ed found his convictions again? Hmmm!

(15 Posts)
whenim64 Sat 21-Sep-13 11:59:34

Just received this email. Is it just me, or does anyone else think that by bringing in the example of a sick, disabled child, he has played dirty? Why not just say 'right, I know I've dithered but I've made my mind up now you've convinced me the Bedroom Tax is a Bad Thing!' Cos that's what's happened! That, and the realisation that he'll be out on his ear if he doesn't shape up quick!

'Carol – I have a promise to make to you.

I promise that, if we win, I will scrap the Bedroom Tax. No ifs or buts: a One Nation Labour government will repeal it.

Say you'll take a stand with me against this unfair and uncaring tax – add your name to mine in one click now.

Earlier this week I met Danielle Heard. Danielle is disabled and battling cancer. She’s been fighting it for 14 years, with support from her family.

Now her family have to find another £80 a month they can’t afford to pay David Cameron’s Bedroom Tax.

The Labour Party I lead will always stand with families like Danielle’s.

Add your voice to mine and say you stand with those suffering as a result of the Bedroom Tax.

The Bedroom Tax says so much about what is wrong with this government: out of touch, uncaring, standing up for the privileged few – but never for you.

Ed'

Anniebach Sat 21-Sep-13 12:54:11

They all do this, Cammeron brings up his own child who died when speaking of his desire to keep the NHS or talking of the strain on carers, he did the same when the child was alive

glassortwo Sat 21-Sep-13 13:12:24

They are all the same when they will use any means for their own gain, there is not one of them from any of the parties that I would trust as far as I could throw them.

whenim64 Sat 21-Sep-13 13:17:20

Me, neither, Glass. I don't know who to trust or support now, for the first time in my life!

Lona Sat 21-Sep-13 13:17:27

I agree too glass, and it's a sad state of affairs when we can't trust any of them.

Who on earth are we supposed to vote for?

Galen Sat 21-Sep-13 13:21:16

ME
I'm forming the Galen or die party! known for short as God

Galen Sat 21-Sep-13 13:23:04

So where shall we hold it?
Has everybody had their broomsticks, chariots etc serviced recently?
Soon be All Hallows' eve and time for vodka jellies and wacky baccy!

Tegan Sat 21-Sep-13 13:26:10

I wish that everyone caring for someone, be it a partner, relative or sick child had the sort of help and support that the Cameron's had [which is an assumption on my part but I'd think they didn't rely solely on the NHS for help]. To be fair to Gordon Brown he did try to keep his child's illness out of politics.

whenim64 Sat 21-Sep-13 13:54:36

Galen would you like to make the proposed Halloween party your political rally? grin

What's in your manifesto? beside vodka jellies!

Galen Sat 21-Sep-13 14:08:34

I shall give my manifesto profound thought, while sunning slumming on my Queens a Grill balcony, while my butler is hovering, prepared 'to cater to my every whim!'hmm

whenim64 Sat 21-Sep-13 14:45:02

Sounds a bit Tory/UKIP, Galen! grin Perhaps you might introduce some swingeing cuts on cruising stateroom tariffs, and free seaside breaks for Gransnetters, to tempt us!

Galen Sat 21-Sep-13 15:42:35

Now THAT sounds an excellent idea!

Galen Sat 21-Sep-13 15:43:37

Oh! And free turbo charged broomsticks for all 65+

glassortwo Sat 21-Sep-13 22:07:09

Only over 65s shock galen you need to think of your young voters wink some of us haven't made 60 yet. grin

Ariadne Sun 22-Sep-13 08:19:49

We could have the rally in the afternoon, followed by the party, couldn't we? Will search out my magic carpet when I get home - haven't used it for a couple of years. (Since the Blackpool Tower do, I think!)