Gransnet forums

News & politics

50 killed by Boko Haram in Nigeria

(6 Posts)
POGS Sun 29-Sep-13 11:12:23

I despair. Now we are getting reports that Boko Haram have killed 50 students in a college in Nigeria. The report is saying they shot the students in their dorms whilst they were sleeping. I know more has to come out on this story but for goodness sake when and where will these 'cowards' be stopped. How can they be stopped. Beyond frightening. sad

j08 Sun 29-Sep-13 11:14:45

No! How much more of this? sad

Aka Sun 29-Sep-13 11:19:38

I despair sad angry

Penstemmon Sun 29-Sep-13 11:22:24

Tragic.

POGS Sun 29-Sep-13 11:38:46

Absolutely. Children doing a cookery contest, students asleep (if proven).

Coward is too good a name for them but I would offend some if I called them what I really want to. angry

Just imagine if we woke up one morning to hear that news about Cambridge, Leicester, Newcastle, Edinburgh. I can't think of the word that would possibly describe what we would be feeling as a country.

Sadly there will be a very small minority who would think it was justified. Think of Gunner Lee Rigby.

Iam64 Sun 29-Sep-13 18:40:21

I find what is happening in so many African countries terrifying. The world wide implications are huge, but I have no answers about how 'we' can make a difference. Well, other than using every diplomatic channel available, and also encouraging moderate Muslims to speak out, loudly - their voice is deafening me. Is this because the media isn't reporting such comments?