Gransnet forums

News & politics

50 killed by Boko Haram in Nigeria

(6 Posts)
Iam64 Sun 29-Sep-13 18:40:21

I find what is happening in so many African countries terrifying. The world wide implications are huge, but I have no answers about how 'we' can make a difference. Well, other than using every diplomatic channel available, and also encouraging moderate Muslims to speak out, loudly - their voice is deafening me. Is this because the media isn't reporting such comments?

POGS Sun 29-Sep-13 11:38:46

Absolutely. Children doing a cookery contest, students asleep (if proven).

Coward is too good a name for them but I would offend some if I called them what I really want to. angry

Just imagine if we woke up one morning to hear that news about Cambridge, Leicester, Newcastle, Edinburgh. I can't think of the word that would possibly describe what we would be feeling as a country.

Sadly there will be a very small minority who would think it was justified. Think of Gunner Lee Rigby.

Penstemmon Sun 29-Sep-13 11:22:24

Tragic.

Aka Sun 29-Sep-13 11:19:38

I despair sad angry

j08 Sun 29-Sep-13 11:14:45

No! How much more of this? sad

POGS Sun 29-Sep-13 11:12:23

I despair. Now we are getting reports that Boko Haram have killed 50 students in a college in Nigeria. The report is saying they shot the students in their dorms whilst they were sleeping. I know more has to come out on this story but for goodness sake when and where will these 'cowards' be stopped. How can they be stopped. Beyond frightening. sad