Gransnet forums

News & politics

Axelrod, The Today Programme.

(15 Posts)
Ana Fri 18-Apr-14 23:09:24

I don't actually think they've twigged yet - just you wait! grin

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 18-Apr-14 23:06:05

It just feels too soon to be starting again with another lot.

Ana Fri 18-Apr-14 23:04:06

How very odd that no pro-Milibands have commented on this thread!

There's certainly enough anti-coalition government stuff being thrown about elsewhere...hmm

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 18-Apr-14 22:55:42

This is going to make the run-up to the General Election a lot more fun. Will be very interesting to watch. grin

penguinpaperback Fri 18-Apr-14 18:37:25

Thank goodness Baroness Prosser was full of good sense on PM. Sorry Mr Axelrod but what may work in the States, thank goodness, still leaves us baffled. Cancel that contract.

Riverwalk Fri 18-Apr-14 16:47:22

Presumably he's a US citizen - how did he get a work permit for such a job?

Joelise Fri 18-Apr-14 16:03:33

Hear hear POGS, at least when Axelrod worked on the elections in the USA, he had a feasible candidate in Obama !

penguinpaperback Fri 18-Apr-14 14:18:01

Yes my thoughts too POGS.

POGS Fri 18-Apr-14 12:10:13

Hypocrites.

All the nasty, sarcastic spin over the Conservatives hiring an Australian. confused

It's up to Labour what they do obviously, I thought Wee Dougy Alexander fended off the question 'How much have you paid for his services' very well this morning. 'It's a 6 figure sum' was all he repeated to the question. Sorry is that £100.000 or £999.000. Hope he is worth it.

Labour could hardly get Campbell, Mandelson, Damien McBride or Charlie Whelan back, or 'could they'?

Let's face it all parties do it. I just wish they accepted that point and could see how we the public view their self congratulatory comments as 'fluff'

penguinpaperback Fri 18-Apr-14 10:23:26

Ed M may be very misunderstood but I think the Labour Party will be throwing good money away, Michael Foot fashion if they continue to try to make him appear as someone to lead the country. He is what he his. Have any of them, Clegg, Cameron, any charisma?

Nonnie Fri 18-Apr-14 10:09:37

Don't know if he has learned any lessons from the past, perhaps he has. I think we all worry that it would be spend, spend, spend again but surely they will have realised that only works short term.

I find his voice really irritating, as I do with Melvin Bragg. Don't know why it is, just annoying and I don't want to listen. Won't influence my voting though.

I think it will be an uphill struggle for them now that all the indices are showing that things are looking up.

Oldgreymare Fri 18-Apr-14 09:32:29

.... and if they don't?
What then?

ninny Fri 18-Apr-14 09:14:55

God help us if Ed Milliband and the Labour Party win the 2015 election.

penguinpaperback Fri 18-Apr-14 08:55:13

It was all a bit over the top, do you think? hmm

penguinpaperback Fri 18-Apr-14 08:52:58

www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/apr/17/ed-miliband-david-axelrod-adviser-2015-election
Hmm did anyone else hear the marvellous news Mr Axelrod is going to do a marvellous PR job for The Labour Party and persuade us all Ed Milliband is the man to vote for? Not a fan of any particular party but I can't picture Ed Milliband as Leader.