Gransnet forums

News & politics

Mother on death row in Sudanese jail.

(132 Posts)
Soutra Fri 30-May-14 10:05:38

That's extrapolating a bit isn't it? I don't see how disestablishing the House of Lords or the Church of England for that matter quite gets us there? hmm

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 30-May-14 10:00:26

Yes. Well. Perhaps we should stop talking about "de-establishing" the House of Lords and suchlike. Get rid of the Christians in this country and you will let the muslims in. Including the nasty fundamentalists.

Agus Fri 30-May-14 09:54:19

I signed this petition last week. DD told me yesterday of another case where a young Muslim mother was stoned to death by her own family.

I will never understand the mindset of these people sad and angry

Iam64 Fri 30-May-14 09:44:18

There is (inevitably) an on line petition against the penalty imposed on this young woman.

The stoning to death of the young Pakistani woman was horrific, as are the further details emerging now about the family involved. The woman's husband evidently strangled his existing wife so he could marry the younger woman. The young woman's family have (according to the husband) already killed one of her sisters because of "family honour'.

TerriBull Fri 30-May-14 09:33:42

Barbaric gillybob as was the stoning to death of the young Pakistani woman by her own family because they didn't approve of her husband. I believe she was pregnant, so that's two deaths they are responsible for. Could it get any worse for women who live under these hateful misogynistic regimes.

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 30-May-14 09:31:50

Why indeed. hmm

gillybob Fri 30-May-14 09:25:15

I am so angry, frustrated and sad. What can we do to help this poor, beautiful young woman?

Why is the world Muslim community not speaking out?

angry sad

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2643466/First-picture-death-row-mother-baby-gave-birth-shackled-Sudanese-jail-authorities-announce-receive-100-LASHES-execution-marrying-Christian.html