Gransnet forums

News & politics

She wears a pair of shoes well

(49 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Wed 18-Jun-14 18:47:53

Duchess at Bletchley

rosesarered Fri 20-Jun-14 12:39:21

My 'spanner in the works' is this; I don't think she looks attractive at all, although she used to do, when she and William were going out together. She was slim then, now she is stick thin.She also dresses the way a middle aged woman would. Why not look young but stylish? She has the money and the designers at her beck and call.However, it really doesn't matter that much about the style, more why she thinks she has to get thinner and thinner as the years go by.If I was her mother, I would be rather worried by this.

Agus Fri 20-Jun-14 12:57:03

Sadly, I think the pressure is already on Lona

Riverwalk Fri 20-Jun-14 13:01:19

I don't think that Kate's under pressure ...... she gets very favourable press and the public like her.

By anyone's standards she has an easy life.

Iam64 Fri 20-Jun-14 13:16:15

I thought she looked a bit thin in the photographs taken at Bletchley Park. She does wear clothes, and shoes, so well doesn't she. And, what an infectious smile.

I read she's on some kind of plant and vegetable eating plan - so is my youngest, from which I deduct it must be the trend. I agree thought, that she looks glowing with health, whereas when Dianna developed an eating disorder, she did look unwell. Mind you, she was depressed poor lass, in a marriage that was destroying her emotionally. Kate's had a much more ordinary kind of life than Diana had, and best of all, her parents look fit and happy so it seems she has continuing emotional support. Diana had few places to go for that,

Anyway - good luck to Kate and William smile

annodomini Fri 20-Jun-14 13:18:17

Her mother isn't the best role model. She's skinny too and is reputed to have gone on a strict diet before the wedding. Poor Kate - she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. When she wore a short skirt that blew up in the wind she was ridiculed by the press. After that, she noticeably wore longer skirts.

durhamjen Fri 20-Jun-14 13:29:20

What I'd like to know is what happened to the photographers' shoes.

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 20-Jun-14 14:22:10

Good post Iam64.

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 20-Jun-14 14:26:12

She might wear the same clothes as an older woman but who looks best in them?

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 20-Jun-14 14:28:55

the woman on the left of the picture What do you think her expression says? grin

Agus Fri 20-Jun-14 14:33:26

Her Mother is skinny? I really wouldn't say so.

I liked your post Iam

durhamjen Fri 20-Jun-14 14:35:23

Definitely two different photographs, don't you think?

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 20-Jun-14 14:38:45

Yes, it is two different photos. But they did both wear that coat to the same wedding a little while back.

Agus Fri 20-Jun-14 14:39:01

I think Kate looks the more elegant by comparison.

Riverwalk Fri 20-Jun-14 14:48:25

Kate looks better because the other girl is wearing one that's far too big for her!

Atqui Fri 20-Jun-14 21:15:26

I think she looks great. it's probably easy for her to maintain a lovely figure if she has a personal trainer and someone to cook perhaps? Her mother and sister are slim too so,perhaps she is fortunate in her genes.

durhamjen Fri 20-Jun-14 21:26:30

Jingle, I did not mean the photos of the two women, I meant your original photo. It looks like the women on that have been superimposed over the photographers.
Do you mean veganism, iam64?

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 20-Jun-14 23:01:11

she does look very thin in this one As though she's been pressed. Between two heavy books, like you would a flower.

Yes. It does seem an odd picture ^jendurham*. Can't make it out.

Agus Fri 20-Jun-14 23:18:27

Oh dear! I didn't realise she was that thin.

I don't see many pictures of her and I thought she looked okay in the back view one shown earlier.

Atqui Sat 21-Jun-14 10:28:02

River walk, yes I agree the other woman's coat is too big. She needs an adult daughter to advise!!!!

annodomini Sat 21-Jun-14 11:20:34

The other woman doesn't hold herself as well as Kate does. She has poise!

Silverfish Sat 21-Jun-14 20:43:17

Kate is so thin because she knows she will be under pressure to have another baby soon. All the royals have a t least two and time is getting on. If she had not lost her baby weight she would have had a lot of problems with losing weight after a second pregnancy. I think she is really lovely what ever she wears

Nonu Sat 21-Jun-14 21:53:00

It seems to me that for a young woman to be that "SKINNY" is not natural.
#She was not ,when she first started going with William, she was nicely rounded,

Cannot quite understand the reasoning behind it all !

Iam64 Sun 22-Jun-14 21:26:48

yes durhamjen - vegan, or my daughter's case, mostly vegan, with the weekend off. I was pleased to see her tucking into a lamb roast with all the trimmings at lunch time. She has become more interested in animal welfare, and has always enjoyed eating and cooking, so I don't feel she'll restrict her diet too much.