Gransnet forums

News & politics

That would be me then

(27 Posts)
MiceElf Wed 26-Nov-14 07:36:32

I know the Daily Express is a bit of a joke but the report in today's paper is truly disgraceful.

Once again it is scaremongering about immigrants and points its finger at what it calls 'hidden immigrants' that is, those who were born to one foreign born parent.

This, of course, would include Churchill, Michael Portillo, Boris Johnson, a great swathe of the health service, many academics and - me.

I find it sickening to see this sort of comment in a national newspaper and I wonder how many members of this forum would be numbered among those the D E is targeting.

GrannyTwice Thu 27-Nov-14 07:51:45

The DE never indulges in sloppy journalism - instead it deliberately and with malice aforethought pursues a particularly nasty right wing agenda - the spin it gives to certain information ( in this case from Migration Watch) is deliberate. BTW, the Migration Watch report includes children born to parents where either or both parent is foreign born - would include NF's and NC's children then. The head of MW was given a peerage by DC.