Gransnet forums

News & politics

Oh No!! They were my favourite Gogglebox family.

(67 Posts)
merlotgran Sun 07-Dec-14 14:13:23

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2863696/Goggleboxgate-Ukip-candidate-s-fury-ousted-key-seat-star-hit-C4-show.html

Scrolling down, I don't like the sound of the Steph and Dom boozy session with Nigel Farage either. hmm

merlotgran Sun 07-Dec-14 22:06:22

It's the last one this week sad

durhamjen Sun 07-Dec-14 22:23:40

Never watched Gogglebox. It sounds cringeworthy.
However, has anyone else noticed what Cameron's brother does?
He's a lawyer, and has managed to get a fraud case stopped because the accused cannot get top lawyers to defend them because of legal aid cuts.

It used to be that the eldest son took over running the estate, the second in line became a clergyman, and the third one joined the forces.

Now the second one becomes an MP after studying politics at Oxford.

Alex Cameron argued lawyers were not willing to work on slashed rates
Said defendants who couldn't afford a lawyer were unable to get a fair trial
Judge backs the PM's brother - leaving the government's reforms in limbo

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2617829/David-Camerons-legal-aid-cuts-thrown-chaos-Prime-Ministers-brother-wins-court-case-against-them.html#ixzz3LFkhKf9b
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Ana Sun 07-Dec-14 22:28:39

Oh, give over, durhamjen! This isn't a political thread - go and rant on one of the (many) others which are...tchhmm

Ana Sun 07-Dec-14 22:29:59

or is

Tegan Sun 07-Dec-14 22:32:58

Can't be a political thread if Farage is involved methinks....

durhamjen Sun 07-Dec-14 22:39:32

I think you need to read the OP Ana. The link was by the political correspondent of the DM. Of course, you do not read links, do you?
Are you saying that the DM cannot have a political correspondent, in which case I agree with you.

On the previous page there was a lot of discussion about whether money and brains went together. That is highly political.

Grannyknot Sun 07-Dec-14 22:40:28

Gogglebox is a hoot. My favourites are Steph and Dom; and Sandy and Sandra. And the 2 young gay blokes. And I love all the dogs smile

When I haven't watched much telly, I sometimes use the show as a roundup of what's been on grin

Ana Sun 07-Dec-14 22:41:12

Well, I suppose the OP was rather ambiguous. But we've got five more months of this sort of stuff to endure...

merlotgran Sun 07-Dec-14 22:45:52

Unfortunately, you can't put a grin emoticon on a thread title which would have conveyed a more light hearted approach to a political report.

Ana Sun 07-Dec-14 22:46:36

I do read some people's links, durj. Not usually yours, though.

durhamjen Sun 07-Dec-14 22:47:36

Why not, Ana? You might learn something.

Ana Sun 07-Dec-14 23:00:02

Cheap shot.

durhamjen Sun 07-Dec-14 23:02:12

That's what I thought about your previous comment.

Ana Sun 07-Dec-14 23:04:02

hmm

daffydil Mon 08-Dec-14 11:39:45

What happened to the family in Clacton - mum. dad and grown up son who sat between them?
And is anyone else surprised at the amount of swearing? I'm not being prudish here but I didn't realise that four letter words were so much a part of everyday conversation of all ages.

merlotgran Mon 08-Dec-14 16:52:15

I can't say I've noticed all that much swearing, daffydil

DD told me that George, the son from the family in Clacton, took part in Big Brother so I suppose they couldn't be in Gogglebox while he was doing that.

TerriBull Mon 08-Dec-14 19:05:39

I like the two gay guys in Brighton, I know they swear a lot, but the one with the glasses is really funny. I also think the Geordie girl, is very witty and amusing, although a tad too orange. The three Asian men make the most interesting comments without obscenities. I like Steph and Dom too, although he always appears to be a bit pissed to me. I think I remember they were once on "Four in a Bed" featuring their wonderful house.

Treebee Tue 09-Dec-14 19:12:44

I love Gogglebox. Both DDs say DH and I are just like Leon and June! I sort of agree.

daffydil Wed 10-Dec-14 10:17:24

I love Leon and June particularly when June rolls her eyes and give a big sigh when Leon is saying something deliberately provocative and he kjust sits there smiling.

Anne58 Wed 10-Dec-14 10:28:55

Does anyone else wonder when the son of one of the families is actually going to say something? I've never heard him say one single word!

Tegan Wed 10-Dec-14 10:43:43

I'm not sure that that family are still in it; either that or the son doesn't appear. I did get him mixed up with Louis confused.

merlotgran Wed 10-Dec-14 11:34:31

phoenix, He's the German man's daughter's boyfriend. He never says a word and has had his hair cut since the last series.

They're all here

PS Don't let Pedant's Corner see this article tchhmm

KatyK Wed 10-Dec-14 14:26:38

I LOVE Gogglebox although I think this series is a bit more contrived than the previous ones. I suppose they have to try to keep it fresh.

Grannyknot Wed 10-Dec-14 15:22:32

The funniest "Steph and Dom moment" was one night when he got up to fetch more drinks and slowly sank to his knees and disappeared behind the couch. She said "What are you doing?" He replied "I'm going down in the lift". Funnier visually, but yes he was plastered! tchgrin

KatyK Wed 10-Dec-14 16:15:17

I love wide eyed Scarlett Moffatt and some of the comical things she says smile