Gransnet forums

News & politics

Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbot had an affair?

(124 Posts)
NotTooOld Thu 17-Sep-15 17:22:52

Just read about this on the internet. I think it said it was in the 1970s. Can it be true?

whitewave Sat 19-Sep-15 20:57:48

Yes, I wouldn't mind doing something like that for a holiday but it would take some planning and cash! He stayed in a small hotel near us on one of his trips, so we thought we would give lunch a go there. The food was absolutely dreadful and the service even worse, so honestly i can't think he really stayed there

rosequartz Sat 19-Sep-15 20:44:37

As he swans off everywhere showing us what a lovely time he's having!

However, I do enjoy his programmes.

whitewave Sat 19-Sep-15 20:43:11

Bet he pays a price for them, there some lovely colours

rosequartz Sat 19-Sep-15 20:31:23

Why would you want to show off about that?

(OK, I know, money!)

This is nothing to do with their ability to do their jobs, so who cares?
Well, I suppose it could be if they are given a job they are hopelessly incapable of doing just to repay old favours.

I agree with you about the jackets Gaggi3

Anniebach Sat 19-Sep-15 18:25:07

The Edwina Major affair was made public by Edwina in a book she had written

Gaggi3 Sat 19-Sep-15 18:18:19

This is nothing to do with their ability to do their jobs, so who cares? Do like Michael Portillo's jackets, though.

rosequartz Sat 19-Sep-15 13:51:53

I agree, POGS

and it is worrying that suspect political decisions and appointments could be made on such a basis.

POGS Sat 19-Sep-15 13:45:44

I don't give a tuppeny toss about who was doing what with whom on a personal level. Won't be the first , won't be the last.

I agree it is tittle tattle usually and I would rather it wasn't reported at times.

However!

I also think that there is an underlying reason for knowing when the two people in question can be held accountable for perhaps 'showing favour' ,' potential blackmail issues'(sadly usually if one party is withholding their sexuality), ' 'uses their relationship to seek publicity for their own self promotion whether it be in the work place, writing a book etc.'

The thing to remember is not to cast stones at one politician nor party as they will all be in the dock at sometime. People in Glass Houses scenario.

rosequartz Sat 19-Sep-15 13:44:23

I thought there would be more ajanela grin

ajanela Sat 19-Sep-15 13:39:34

Well what a gossipy lot us grans are! 5 pages of comments since Thursday .

rosequartz Sat 19-Sep-15 12:37:31

SueDoku if by the 'Fail' you mean the 'Mail' confused it was full of stories of John and Edwina.
But then, if people just follow the view that it is an evil publication and never 'lower themselves' to glance at it they will never know what is in it.

I read whatever takes my fancy on a particular day, that's what makes me such a balanced person wink

nigglynellie Sat 19-Sep-15 12:35:47

That's why, whatever you do or don't think about Mr Corbyn, this revelation is a pretty tacky piece of journalism, and not even remotely relevant to anything.

rosequartz Sat 19-Sep-15 12:29:32

DH mentioned Edwina and John, then there are the other John and Tracey, Robin and Gaynor, Cecil and um er (?) - the list goes on and on - and on
It's really a wonder they ever find the time to get any work done telling the rest of us how things should be

tigger Sat 19-Sep-15 11:15:54

So What!!! Just another example of the media attempting to demonise the new labour leader.

SueDoku Sat 19-Sep-15 10:39:44

Or John Major's fling with Edwina - before he appointed her to his cabinet - funny how the Fail never mentions that, isn't it...?

SueDoku Sat 19-Sep-15 10:36:48

Any minute now someone will mention Winterval..... wink

rosesarered Fri 18-Sep-15 20:35:16

And be sure to screw the lid down tight!wink

fluttERBY123 Fri 18-Sep-15 20:28:17

LOL again - personhole, I love it. The whole personhole idea is far too ludicrous to have been made up. One giant leap for personkind - into the personhole!!! Yay!!!

rosesarered Fri 18-Sep-15 20:14:55

Did you buy him an anorak to go with the dvd?

rosequartz Fri 18-Sep-15 20:06:49

shock really?
Well, he was probably 17 at the time, and he had asked for it.
He still laughs about it now.

Ana Fri 18-Sep-15 20:04:58

Even though it was an 18 rosequartz? grin

rosequartz Fri 18-Sep-15 20:01:04

I bought DS the Trainspotting dvd when he was a teenager.

I thought it was about trainspotting. confused

rosesarered Fri 18-Sep-15 19:59:12

You mean the manhole cover thing is true then? oh well, each to his own.

Ana Fri 18-Sep-15 19:59:04

And train-spotting has always seemed rather odd to me. But each to their own...hmm

rosequartz Fri 18-Sep-15 19:57:40

roses you are not allowed to go on holiday with all this going on grin