Gransnet forums

News & politics

Access to justice and tribunals at £1200

(6 Posts)
trisher Sun 05-Jun-16 13:21:15

I have just found out that in future it will cost £1,200 to take an employer to an employment tribunal. I believe this is part of a long-term Tory policy to deny justice to the poor and workers. I've signed a petition to reverse this. it concentrates on sex harassment but I do know of someone who successfully took their employer to a tribunal for wrongful dismissal, when they were forced to resign, due to overwork, after being given the workload of 3 people who had lost their jobs. I think this charge will make justice unlikely and workers will be more put upon. Please sign
www.change.org/p/michael-gove-justice-for-all-end-employment-tribunal-fees?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=594089&alert_id=LuWqlKrWLg_%2BrzUqOdyFaAdne4EwREqwkUbRIBSuNO2LBnMIcOMgzk%3D

daphnedill Sun 05-Jun-16 13:28:43

Signed.

Gove is determined to make access to justice more difficult in a number of ways. He has also said that the EU stops him going even further.

Be very afraid!

vampirequeen Sun 05-Jun-16 19:16:48

They will do anything they can to push the workers even further down. People who are in poverty and terrified of losing their jobs don't make a fuss and bosses can get away with anything.

vampirequeen Sun 05-Jun-16 19:22:17

signed

Anniebach Sun 05-Jun-16 20:25:20

Again, it will not affect the retired who are the keenest to get out

trisher Sun 05-Jun-16 20:59:16

Sorry Anniebach don't understand. Of course it won't affect the retired, or the unemployed come to that. But I am sure there are some GNs who are working and may well find employers being much more aggressive and restrictive-because they can! And since when did GN restrict itself to subjects which only affected older people, many of us are concerned for our DCs and GCs.