Gransnet forums

News & politics

Saying thank you makes the news

(7 Posts)
Maggiemaybe Thu 16-Jun-16 12:19:17

The person who sold us our tickets at the Heineken Experience in Amsterdam seemed quite overcome by our pleases and thank-yous, Badenkate, which surprised me. She said she didn't hear them often. We put it down to our being (by far) the oldest people in there (we fitted in better at the Guinness brewery in Dublin!), but in my experience there are still a lot of polite young people out there. Including my DC and DGC, of course!

Maggiemaybe Thu 16-Jun-16 12:14:05

Oh yes, my Siri is female and very helpful. Even when we get our 2 year old DGS2 to ask her questions for a laugh, she's very patient. She even answers him by name. I have no idea how all this works - I like to think it's magic grin

Badenkate Thu 16-Jun-16 10:17:24

We brought up both DSs to say 'please' and 'thank you' and when we moved to Switzerland their teachers said they were the politest children they'd ever met smile

Mildred Thu 16-Jun-16 10:06:34

Mine is male and consequently can get grumpy.

petitpois Thu 16-Jun-16 09:20:58

Do you have a she? My siri is definitely male! Very sweet story smile

Maggiemaybe Thu 16-Jun-16 09:09:48

It was a little more than that though! I must admit to finding myself saying please and thank you to Siri on the iPad - she seems so pleasant blush

petitpois Thu 16-Jun-16 08:56:34

Not that I'm out for praise from Google but interesting that saying thank you makes the news these days.