Gransnet forums

News & politics

Who is Laurence Taylor?

(9 Posts)
grannyactivist Thu 23-Jun-16 01:33:20

metro.co.uk/2016/06/22/who-is-laurence-taylor-guy-with-eu-referendum-ad-in-metro-explains-why-he-did-it-5959925/

Come on - own up! Do you wish you'd thought of doing this?

I must confess I wish I'd:
a) thought of it
b) had the money to pay for it
c) had the bottle to do it

I suspect that the poor bloke won't maintain his privacy for long as he apparently had to give his real name when taking out the advert.

daphnedill Thu 23-Jun-16 03:33:10

So true!

oldgoat Thu 23-Jun-16 05:42:20

So good to be presented with plain , unvarnished facts. Politicians on both sides of the Referendum campaign have indulged in exaggeration and lying to the extent that none of them can be trusted to speak the truth.
It seems to me that we have more to fear from the people hoping to run this country than from any number of immigrants.

whitewave Thu 23-Jun-16 05:44:43

Shows what hysteria there is over it all.

daphnedill Thu 23-Jun-16 06:32:07

@oldgoat

It seems to me that we have more to fear from the people hoping to run this country than from any number of immigrants.

I couldn't agree more! The EU has been used as a scapegoat.

If the result is REMAIN, it will have pained me to vote on the same side as Cameron and Osborne and it's up to all of us who care about the people of this country to make sure they are challenged about what they do. I would like to think that one way or the other people have become more aware of how politics and politicians work.

If the result is LEAVE, we'll just end up with a more right wing version of what we've got, because the right wingers will have seen the result as a validation of their beliefs. I don't believe we have the calibre of politician to lead us out of the mess which will be created.

whitewave Thu 23-Jun-16 07:17:35

The potential government of deluded right wing nationalists worry me a lot if Brexit wins the day.

oldgoat Thu 23-Jun-16 07:17:41

daphnidil
Like you, I would never normally vote in support of Cameron and Co. , but this Referendum is about the future if our country, not who leads the Tory Party. Hopefully, they won't be in control for ever so somebody else will be left carrying the can for the consequences of an 'Out' vote.

oldgoat Thu 23-Jun-16 07:20:03

'Of' not 'if'.

whitewave Thu 23-Jun-16 07:58:06

Needs repeating - 0.5%

Turn your back on the lies and myth, because you are decent.