Gransnet forums

News & politics

Fox cubs

(31 Posts)
whitewave Thu 23-Jun-16 08:07:05

Anyone who can take an infant species from its mother and give it another species to tear to pieces is not human.

Anniebach Thu 23-Jun-16 23:10:59

GrandTea, have you ridden to hounds or followed many hunts ?

Jane10 Thu 23-Jun-16 22:33:25

Oh God. Enough. How can people be so cruel! angry

granjura Thu 23-Jun-16 22:08:32

it's all linked roses- and yes, also dog fighting, badger baiting, etc- linked to the hidden world of the terrier men, who also work for the hunts. This is not new- there are many instances of young foxes found near hunt kennels. It's just the first time it's been videod.

Strange about the cub's body taken out and binned- as you would expect it to be torn up and eaten- unless it was held with a noose above the pack and not dropped to the dogs. Whichever, truly barbaric and for training purposes.

Elegran Thu 23-Jun-16 20:56:58

It is illegal.

GandTea Thu 23-Jun-16 20:31:07

I am not against hunting, but this episode is beyond barbaric and I'm sure must be illegal. Fox hunting is now ileagal and whilst it remains so the law should be upheld.

whitewave Thu 23-Jun-16 20:15:09

The dogs have to be taught and trained to hunt foxes

rosesarered Thu 23-Jun-16 20:08:00

This is not about fox hunting....it's about the alleged giving of live fox cubs to a pack of dogs. However, although the cubs were certainly killed, you can see the bodies in the video, you can't see them being given to the dogs, and if they had been surely they would have been pulled to bits?So although it does look bad, were they shown to the dogs and then killed by the man, or......?It will come out, anyway, exactly what they did.
The humane thing would have been if they had been put to sleep by a vet.Not sure if 3 cubs have a future without a mother fox.If indeed they had been killed by dogs then I hope the owners will be prosecuted, and further to that, why show foxes to the dogs when fox hunting has been banned anyway?It seems that particular hunt does still go fox hunting.

Anniebach Thu 23-Jun-16 20:02:43

The Tories promised fox hunting would be debated and voted on again if they won the election. They are well funded by the Countryside Alliance

Maggieanne Thu 23-Jun-16 19:53:26

That's extremely rude breeze! How dare you call me moronic. One of the first things a canvasser for the Tory party said to me was that wanted to bring fox-hunting back, I don't think the labour party want that at all. What a nasty person you are, does only your opinion count?

breeze Thu 23-Jun-16 17:00:32

You are right from the second full stop onwards. First two sentences are bosh. You don't have to vote labour to care about animals. Moronic.

Maggieanne Thu 23-Jun-16 16:38:04

While the Tories are in power this will be allowed. Their behaviour is disgusting, these people see us as peasants and not worth scraping their boots on us.As a breed we are vile, no other animal would treat another animal the way we do, they kill to eat not for entertainment. Look at the Yulin dog festival in China, unbelievable cruelty, by man, of course.

whitewave Thu 23-Jun-16 16:22:42

This is another example of a type of person living by different rules and morals than the rest of us, and yet they appear to get away with it.

granjura Thu 23-Jun-16 16:16:01

The video also highlighted again the reality of 'canned' fox hunting. I worked for many years as a vounteer with a wildlife hospital and badger group- with the Police wildlife liaison officers in our region. This has been going on for a very long time- vixens caught when pregnant and put in fenced in artificial earth so her cubs could be used for hunting- especially when they have posh guests, who often pay large sums of money, from abroad often and who can't ride for toffee- the young foxes being just 'sitting ducks'.

Making of course a total mockery of the 'too many foxes' argument, to breed them for the purpose.

Jane10 Thu 23-Jun-16 15:47:38

So sickening. sad and angry

breeze Thu 23-Jun-16 15:20:55

Oh, oh! and, when interviewed, do you know what they say??? They say, 'Well this is better than humane destruction, because, wait for it, the fox has a chance'!!!! Really. So that makes it o.k. then does it. And what about the little cubs? Did they have a chance? And what about the old ones who won't have a chance. And how would you feel if you were getting on a bit and someone chased you down the road with a hatchet! 'Ooh, this is much nicer than dying quietly in a hospital bed'. Sorry. I've gone all angry. I hate cruelty to children, the elderly, the vulnerable and animals. I am sometimes ashamed to be a human being when I see how my species sometimes acts. Just climbing off my box. Bit exhausted!

breeze Thu 23-Jun-16 15:03:48

Disgusting and evil. And don't get me started on badger culling. Throw the perps into a lion enclosure, see how it feels. Anyone who does this, dog fighting, cock fighting, chasing a fox until it's exhausted then watch while it's torn to pieces should be locked up or worse. So I don't understand the country eh! Foxes numbers need to be kept down do they. I don't need to understand the country to know it's an evil and cruel way to keep numbers down. Human bloody decency, surely! you know it's wrong to be so cruel to a creature. If they truly do need to be kept down, humanely? How would they like it if they were hunted to exhaustion, then that awful moment, that awful, awful moment, when you realise you've lost and you scream in terror and pain as you are torn to shreds! Stop it!! I live in fear of one of my dogs being stolen and used for dog bait. They are so sweet natured and lovely. The thought of them being ripped apart while people whoop and clap makes me sick to my stomach.

whitewave Thu 23-Jun-16 12:52:52

Blimey it gets worse

granjura Thu 23-Jun-16 12:45:20

Dogs that won't hunt are also traditionally fed to the pack.

whitewave Thu 23-Jun-16 10:35:13

These babies weren't even hunted in the traditional cubbing sense. They were too tiny. No they were given to the hounds to tear up.

Love the fact that these despicable people say we should have no say because we don't understand the country - idiots

Anniebach Thu 23-Jun-16 10:25:42

Please think about it, if it goes back to parliment it could be made legal again. I swear it is horrific, the terror of the fox, the screaming of the Cubs, the excitement on the faces of the hunters as they close in on their prey, the blooding of youngsters on their first kill. It is barbaric , sick . The hounds live short lives, destroyed by about age six, Not possible to give them a home , they have spent their short lives in packs , they don't get vetinary care, cheaper to shoot them and breed more.

Nonnie1 Thu 23-Jun-16 10:13:55

I can't even allow myself to think about this

Indinana Thu 23-Jun-16 10:09:46

Despicable people. I have to believe in karma for these so called 'humans'.

Anniebach Thu 23-Jun-16 09:52:21

The whole so called sport is vile, please fight against it, please

Devorgilla Thu 23-Jun-16 09:48:56

Horrendous. I was horrified to see this on the news.

Anniebach Thu 23-Jun-16 09:46:03

Police know it's going on, nothing is done, Countryside Alliance has said they are not involved , they would wouldn't they . Clubbing is horrific , I have witnessed it .

This government has four more years to keep it's promise to the C Alliance and hold another vote , fix hunting will be legal again. It hasn't stopped, police do not prosecute, RSPCA have said they are not going to include it in their private prosecutions