Gransnet forums

News & politics

Sexism in the media.....kitten heels

(30 Posts)
LullyDully Fri 08-Jul-16 08:55:46

So we have two candidates for new Tory leader. They just happen to be women as the men have failed to impress. We are already reminded of Teresa May's love of shoes the BBC.
But what annoys me the most is " The new Margaret Thatcher." No she will be the new PM.!!!

Is it just me who gets annoyed by the portrayal of women, especially if they are bright, well qualified and capable?

suzied Sat 09-Jul-16 17:05:49

scottie
I think the Tory leadership is decided in early September , seems like a long time to me. "Take back control" now seems to mean "hand control to 150,000 conservative party members as we drift slowly onto the rocks"

Victoria08 Sat 09-Jul-16 17:15:15

Never heard of Andrea leadsom before all this hoo ha.
Glad I'm not being asked to vote for either of them.

LullyDully Sat 09-Jul-16 18:35:26

What worries me is that we are leaderless at present. Pink cardigans, grey suit or kitten heels apart. Let's hope no major crisis hits us. ....oh it has.

We just seem to have been left by Cameron. He called a needless referendum with a mad result and just buggered off. How will history view this period?

Jalima Sun 10-Jul-16 21:30:07

I don't understand this; he said he would go in October, didn't he?
So he is still Prime Minister, and he appointed the new EU Commissioner (swift move there eh?).
www.itv.com/news/update/2016-07-08/cameron-names-new-eu-commissioner-after-walkout/
Will the new PM be able to sack him if he doesn't meet her approval?

He was at Wimbledon, cheering on Andy smile (DC I mean)