Gransnet forums

News & politics

Aaron Banks-more scary than any politician?

(32 Posts)
trisher Sun 10-Jul-16 09:30:53

Watching Andrew Marr interviewing this man I suddenly realised that this man was and is far more dangerous than Farage. Quietly spoken and seemingly very reasonable he is putting his money to work on a right wing agenda and selling it as appealing to the unrepresented working class. Dangerous!

whitewave Mon 11-Jul-16 17:14:17

Don't forget that the Tory party is divided and it will very much depend on the way May handles this division over the next weeks and months.

It could well be that we see a new social, economic and political settlement emerging over the next few years.

daphnedill Tue 12-Jul-16 00:05:19

Banks is boasting on Twitter that he has 40,000 names and details from people who signed up to Leave.EU and is intending to spam them. Britain First managed to get over a million 'likes' on Facebook by getting people to like/share posts about seemingly unrelated topics such as disabled servicemen and animal cruelty.

He pays trolls to post on social media.

He's also boasting that he's about to launch a new campaign/party since Leadsom didn't become party leader.

There's something very frightening about him. Not only does he have money, but he is more organised and ruthless than Ukip, Britain First or any of the right-wing, racist groups.

trisher Tue 12-Jul-16 09:40:20

I do wonder if Leadsom actually expects to be included in this party??

M0nica Tue 12-Jul-16 17:12:39

In the papers today he is quoted as saying that ordinary people should be allowed to speak and have some say in government - then it is suggested that he is prepared to spend £10 million to set up a party that reflects his views and presumably with him as leader.

I cannot help but see a conflict between those two aims!!

daphnedill Tue 12-Jul-16 17:42:27

@trisher

We'll see! My hunch is she was the patsy. The more I listened to her, the more it became obvious that she was completely out of her depth and unsuitable to be PM. She would have to have had teams of people to tell her what to do, because she didn't have a clue.

daphnedill Tue 12-Jul-16 17:45:04

@Monica

I find that terrifying. In other words, he needs foot soldiers to do his dirty work.

I sincerely hope the 'black ops' are on top of this, because there are times people need saving from themselves.