Gransnet forums

News & politics

woman killed by tiger in China

(15 Posts)
AllieGB Mon 25-Jul-16 11:12:45

This is awful - I gather that this lady jumped out of the car after her daughter - who had stormed off after an argument - was dragged away by one of the tigers. When the older woman got out of the car she was mauled to death. Clearly getting out of the car in a tiger enclosure is not a good idea - but what mother wouldn't try to save her daughter in that situation? Very sad sad

metro.co.uk/2016/07/24/moment-woman-was-dragged-off-by-tiger-was-caught-on-camera-6025585/

DaphneBroon Mon 25-Jul-16 12:31:45

No doubt the tiger has been destroyed.
The sheer stupidity of people leaves me speechless.
Tigers can kill people. End of.

rosesarered Mon 25-Jul-16 13:05:32

Yes, but no but......I Would try and save my DD in those circumstances.

Indinana Mon 25-Jul-16 13:09:35

I feel so desperately sad for the daughter - who survived the attack and is being treated in hospital - she will live the rest of life with that terrible tragedy on her conscience. Poor girl sad

grannylyn65 Mon 25-Jul-16 13:22:19

There are no circumstances when I wouldn't save my children.

DaphneBroon Mon 25-Jul-16 16:05:38

Then you lock ythe blankety blank car doors to keep children in. The daughter was an adult, right? Should have had more sense anyway. I feel sorry for wild animals in captivity for starters, but when human beings show such a total lack of sense it is of course always the animal which is destroyed. Cf the little boy who fell into the gorilla enclosure in the US.
angry on behalf of animals behaving the way nature intended.

BlueBelle Mon 25-Jul-16 17:07:58

Couldn't agree more DaphneBroon People are ridiculous, first off why would a grown daughter get out of a car in the middle of tigers home, did she have learning difficulties or a mental health problem as no body of normal intelligence however angry gets out of a car in the middle of a tigers home and if she did have mental health problems she shouldn't have been taken there. was the animals destroyed or did they leave them alone I saw that Rangers were there within minutes

Eloethan Tue 26-Jul-16 01:31:23

Surely the animal wouldn't be destroyed? People are warned not to leave the car, or even open a window.

absent Tue 26-Jul-16 07:09:15

Eloethan They are usually warned not to stop their cars either as tigers bite tyres.

Christinefrance Tue 26-Jul-16 08:54:40

Why does common sense fly out of the window when people are on holiday. Seems the normal rules don't apply then. Hope the tiger is not put down due to the stupidity of humans.

NanaandGrampy Tue 26-Jul-16 09:04:36

I'm sorry but what idiot gets out of the car in a tiger enclosure?

No matter how dire the argument .

I'm very sorry someone lost their life but in all honesty it was her own fault and there can be little in the way of mitigating circumstances where she cannot be held totally responsible for her own actions.

Jane10 Tue 26-Jul-16 09:58:56

Just hope the poor tiger wasn't put down. I'm with Daphne. angry for those poor wild creatures.

Tegan Tue 26-Jul-16 10:33:50

I read that they thought they were out of the tiger enclosure.

DaphneBroon Tue 26-Jul-16 12:52:48

Hard way to find out. Better safe than sorry?

Luckylegs9 Tue 26-Jul-16 21:40:01

This all seems rather odd. I wonder if the daughter had mental health issues to get out if a car in a tiger enclose.