Gransnet forums

News & politics

Hilary Clinton-a Gran as President?

(36 Posts)
varian Wed 27-Jul-16 15:40:13

That's what we all thought six months ago - but we've learned a lot since then about how irrational voters can be.

Tegan Wed 27-Jul-16 15:36:13

Surely no one would be tempted to vote for Trump confused even if his opponent was Mickey Mouse..?

varian Wed 27-Jul-16 15:19:39

If I was an American I would almost certainly have been a Bernie Sanders supporter but at this stage I would be campaigning even more strongly for Hillary. There is a real danger that enough Sanders supporters will abstain for the utterly ghastly Trump to win.

tanith Wed 27-Jul-16 15:00:24

I don't think much of Hilary Clinton although she has plenty of experience but the alternative is just too scary to even think about.

durhamjen Wed 27-Jul-16 14:46:09

Congress and Senate both have a republican majority. That's why Obama has not been able to get lots of his plans passed.
That means voting for Clinton would be preferable.

DaphneBroon Wed 27-Jul-16 14:35:06

Gosh that was quick!! I hadn't realised

sunseeker Wed 27-Jul-16 14:34:15

If I were an American I'm afraid I just wouldn't know who to vote for. Trump scares the bejasus out of me and I don't trust Hilary Clinton. I only hope an American friend I spoke to is right when she said whoever is elected will have their excesses reigned in by Congress and Senate.

durhamjen Wed 27-Jul-16 13:58:13

Second one born last month.

DaphneBroon Wed 27-Jul-16 13:55:58

www.grandparents.com/food-and-leisure/quizzes-and-puzzles/presidential-grandparents-quiz

Surely there is only ONE Clinton GC so far?

durhamjen Wed 27-Jul-16 13:36:33

Agreed, Trisher. US politics looks very scary at the moment.I hope Sander's supporters do not abstain as they are threatening to.

trisher Wed 27-Jul-16 13:22:11

Besides being the first woman candidate Hilary Clinton is a Gran of 2. Isn't it fantastic that she is such a great example of how older women can still have ambition and drive. Let's hope she beats Trump.