Gransnet forums

News & politics

The current Mrs Trump

(34 Posts)
Ginny42 Mon 10-Oct-16 11:48:29

Why is this young woman not sprinting to the divorce lawyer's office? She is being debased almost every time her husband speaks.

'Locker room banter' is no excuse for what he said on the audio from 2005 released last week. In it he cited his fame as giving him a right to degrade women. He talked about how his fame gives him the right to do whatever he wants to women, not giving them a chance to say no, but just lunging in and kissing them, or grabbing their crotch( my translation of a crude expression). He was admitting to sexual assault. What a repulsive man.

For me there is a direct link between what men say about women and the way they treat them and it would be such a good message to women and girls everywhere if Mrs Trump said, 'It's not OK to assault women' and 'I'm off'.

Please click #NotOk too.

daphnedill Thu 27-Oct-16 09:08:44

www.factcheck.org/2012/06/the-obamas-law-licenses/

It's filed away with 'Obama is a Muslim' and 'Obama wasn't born in the US'. grin hmm

Rigby46 Thu 27-Oct-16 09:16:24

Exactly as I expected - surely it's wrong of a poster to come on here and post a very misleading ( to say the least) version of events about MO's licence and why she no longer has it? At the very least it's obvious it can't be true because her enemies would be making hay with the fact. I suppose some people are just so keen for some things to be true, they don't pause for a minute to wonder if they are ' too good to be true'.

daphnedill Thu 27-Oct-16 09:25:30

I agree. That's how myths spread on the internet. I wonder if Trump trolls care about the truth.

MaizieD Thu 27-Oct-16 09:49:42

Well said, Rigby46

Sadly, as we all know from our recent referendum experience, myths are more potent than the truth.

Elegran Thu 27-Oct-16 10:02:08

"In 2011, more than 12 percent of the state’s 87,943 registered attorneys were on inactive status (see Chart 2), according to the ARDC’s annual report for that year." quote from the link above.

Jalima Thu 27-Oct-16 11:14:07

A lot of people believe everything they see on the internet - the number of times someone has posted a 'shock' 'horror' story on FB and, if you check with SNOPES or somewhere, it is a myth.

Jalima Thu 27-Oct-16 11:14:38

He thinks he's ahead - let's hope that is a myth too!

durhamjen Thu 27-Oct-16 20:03:11

Architects do that as well, when they have given up practising. They can join again and catch up with present day practice when they want to.