Gransnet forums

News & politics

Was he about to fall asleep? Cry? Fall over? (Trump's son)

(70 Posts)
Candlefran Wed 09-Nov-16 12:14:40

Or was he just really pissed off with the lot of it?

poor boy

Yorkshiregel Thu 10-Nov-16 10:38:55

Had to say I felt sorry for him. No hugs, no nothing from Trump. Could not take my eyes of his son, not even the flicker of a smile. Father for once did not steal the show. Hope the boy was ok.

Riots in the streets today!

POGS Thu 10-Nov-16 10:40:07

Bluebell

"Pogs no one was attacking the poor kid what a strange thing to say"

Where did I accuse anyone of 'attacking ' him!

Jalima Thu 10-Nov-16 10:43:42

We are not alone .....
www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/donald-trumps-sleepy-youngest-son-barron-unites-the-internet

moobox Thu 10-Nov-16 10:54:11

The little girl looked lively

Theoddbird Thu 10-Nov-16 10:55:07

I felt sorry for him... I don't think he wanted to be there.

Jalima Thu 10-Nov-16 10:58:46

Perhaps the little girl (is she a grandchild?) had a sleep earlier in the evening.

goldengirl Thu 10-Nov-16 11:20:25

Poor little lad. He reacted in a way I would imagine my 10yr old GS would react ie wishing he was anywhere but there!

BRedhead59 Thu 10-Nov-16 11:32:48

I was hoping he'd throw up!

NannyMargaret48 Thu 10-Nov-16 12:05:29

Totally agree Jalima. He is 10. It was early in the morning and he was in front of a massive, frenzied crowd. I thought he looked overawed. And I am sure he wanted to stay up for the momentous occasion. Say what you like about Trump, he seems to have a strong extended family.

icanhandthemback Thu 10-Nov-16 12:43:57

Leave the poor kid alone.

I think that sort of implied the kid was being attacked, POGS.

BlueBelle Thu 10-Nov-16 14:31:07

Pogs you said 'Leave the poor kid alone' Which implied that you thought everyone was having a go at him

BlueBelle Thu 10-Nov-16 14:33:14

Sorry didn't see your post icanhandthemback didn't mean to duplicate the answer

Candlefran Thu 10-Nov-16 14:39:10

(from jalima's link) "There were not a few appeals to give the boy a Red Bull." grin Love it!

He's a sweet young feller. smile

bunny17 Thu 10-Nov-16 15:12:31

Yes he stole the show - for some reason it struck me that he is not going to be like his dad lol

Blinko Thu 10-Nov-16 17:09:00

Lunching with friends today, all of us 'of a certain age', thinking that the lad looked dead beat. And also possibly scared to move an inch....in case he incurred the wrath of one or other parent. I know which one I'd plump for.

Re Trump's family, I hear he's been married twice, both times to an Eastern European lookalike. The adult offspring are from his first marriage.

Imo the little ones should have been at home in bed!

1974cookie Thu 10-Nov-16 17:16:26

That poor lad was desperately trying not to yawn. I think that he held up well in what for him, a 10 year old, must have been a long and tedious day and night.
Kudos to him I say.

joannewton46 Thu 10-Nov-16 17:52:25

HE has to cope with Dad the whole time whereas we only got him in small doses. No wonder the boy is cheesed off!

aggie Thu 10-Nov-16 19:37:41

He has been married three times !

trisher Thu 10-Nov-16 22:43:55

I suspect said child had been given some sort of chemical help to get him up there, either a little something to keep him awake or something to keep him quiet and make sure he behaved. Sort of thing I can imagine Trump doing particularly if child didn't fit in with the image.

POGS Fri 11-Nov-16 00:03:32

"I suspect said child had been given some sort of chemical help to get him up there"

Beyond belief trisher. Doped/drugged him up?

joannewton46 Fri 11-Nov-16 01:26:50

Of course it could be that like all 10 years olds he believes his Dad so thinks he won't be able to vote in future cos Dad says he's going to take the vote away from anyone who doesn't have all 4 grandparents born in the USA. Of course that means Dad couldn't vote either.....

nigglynellie Fri 11-Nov-16 08:58:14

All this supposition!! Perhaps it's none of our business?!! shock. Has that occurred to any of you?!!!

Jalima Fri 11-Nov-16 09:31:35

They seem a close-knit family which is quite an achievement since there are 3 different mothers!!

I expect he is very proud of his dad and may have insisted on being there however tired he was.
And dad may have said that he wanted him next to him on the podium for the photos - because ' one day this could be you, my son' wink

trisher Fri 11-Nov-16 09:37:12

Niggly if you don't want your child to become the object of public scrutiny you simply have to let them stay at home and not parade them on podiums.

trisher Fri 11-Nov-16 09:41:11

POGS the drugging, medication call it what you will is now common practice in many American families who believe their child has problems of one sort or another. Early diagnosis of bi-polar is becoming more common for troublesome teenagers. It isn't then a huge step to think that a little helper is needed. 50 years ago it was Mrs Robinson, now it's Mrs Robinson and children.